What is on your desk today?

kek. touched a nerve, didn’t I? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE A PREFERENCE!!!

(Didn’t you read the handbook when you started this hobby??!!)

3 Likes

This inspired me to create a new thread: Doubts of the Undecided

I hope it becomes a long-lasting thread hit… :dart:

3 Likes

I did something similar with HSA Hyperfuse when Vala Supply had their anniversary sale a few weeks ago and snagged it for 40% off. I’m not generally a fan of a purple and teal palette, but the colors work really well together.

hah not at all! Like you, I generally go for PBT specifically because I prefer the texture and lack of shine, but the consistent shine across all these caps certainly has appealed to me this time. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Brutal v2 65 rebuilt with FR4 full plate and CXA

7 Likes

Swapped cases on my GH80 build. Gonna have to change the caps next. Thinking Hineybeige or OGs for this one.

13 Likes

DCS Vert looks nice on a white board.
Here on my Manta75.

7 Likes

The sublegends are very silly :crazy_face:

4 Likes

The reason why I bought this set :smiley:
Also have the 10u spacebar for maximum meme in the future:p

4 Likes

Another rescued NightFox - I picked up a handful of these with the intention of customizing them for the myriad of printing equipment I operate, each piece of which has at least one computer tied to it.

This one’s actually more of a mockup, a mixture of the parts that will end up in this role and a PCB-sandwich that was ready to use. There are TTC Ace switches installed, but the final will have something inexpensive with a black housing - ideally something with an above average dust resistance, even for MX switches.

This is a “nothing fancy” build to be sure, primarily wearing an Artifact Shield keyset from Drop - but it still has a fun detail or two.

• Riser feet removed and replaced with rubber ones for a nearly flat angle; this board is used on an already angled surface

• CMY accent caps from GMK Prepress

• Plate modded for “Aria” layout and PCB-mount stabilizers

• Stock case screws replaced with torx ones from my pool of spare KBD67 Lite parts

• “Burger” o-rings on the case screws, above and below the plate; not a ton of compression but does wonders for harshness, ping, hotspots

• Good ol’ PE foam on either side of the PCB

9 Likes

No tape mod?

Switch: The Roselle switches are a truly innovative switch manufactured by BSUN.
Keycaps: MXRSKEY RETRO GREEK KEYCAP (Thick PBT \ Cherry profile \ Dye sublimation)

Summary

3 Likes

Not at the moment - though I might give it a try when I put in the other switches if I remember. I actually like the sound as-is; this case isn’t too bad for clacky switches with either force-break or burger modding, and maybe a little foam. I’m interested to see how that might change the already poppy / clacky sound.

Spooky digital zoom… I’ll pull out my real camera again one of these days

6 Likes

Trying out GMK Metropolis on the Ellipse

6 Likes

looks great! What switches are you using?

1 Like

The alpha legends almost match the case color, very awesome combo!

1 Like

Thanks! TTC Aces in this on alu plate. It’s pretty high-pitched with GMK, despite the Aces often sounding rather deep, more than it was with DCX Hyperfuse. I think the latter is still my fav on this board, but this is still good! When I try the FR4 plate, it should bring the sound back down a bit.

@Rob27shred Yah, thanks! The legends are virtually the same shade as the minty mods and mod legends on DCX Hyperfuse, but the Esc and Enter stand out more.

3 Likes

Nice. Aces can certainly be high pitched. I have them in my HMKB 75 with a steel plate and GMK caps. Very clacky and high-pitched, but fun. I would call them “bright, sparkling, or lively” if I was a wine maker.

2 Likes

I guess previously I’ve used them mostly with GMK on a FR4 plate in my Malicious, which is a massive aluminum hunk. They are always clacky and a wonderful switch. @pixelpusher

1 Like