What is on your desk today?

I bought a keyboard with VIA firmware.
And I use it 100%.
Why else buy :grinning: :grinning:
I am left-handed, but in the days of the “Soviet Union” there were people who believed that everyone should be like everyone else. Therefore, at school then I was forced to write and do everything with my right hand. BUT I eventually became an ambidexter. And the keyboard in principle is made by right-handers for right-handers.
As soon as I bought a keyboard with VIA, I immediately made layers for my left hand)

Summary

1 Like

JWICK makes the Vertex V1s, but a completely different mold than their budget linears:

2 Likes

I did try JWICK and did recognize its ‘hollowness’ but it wasn’t as pleasing as Vertex One V1. I’m going to try swapping switch parts to see if it’s the spring.

Did you use lubed or unlubed Vertex switches? Mine came lubed and I attributed that to the difference in sound between the vertex and the JWICK.

I lubed Vertex with 205g0. No film. Same lube, different feel.

Tested other springs in Vertex One. That jazz-like off-beat feel is gone.

Tested Vertex One spring in JWICK. Yup, off-beat. I think it’s mostly the spring. Maybe thicker wire?

As to difference in bottom out feel, I suspect it’s the near-spherical stem pole tip.

2 Likes

Put new keycaps on the boards I’ve been using. HSA Hyperfuse on a MODE Envoy, and KAM Soaring Skies on a KBD67 Lite. I’m liking the look of these glossy caps. The Hyperfuse set is going to go on a TKD Cycle7 in the future, but I just wanted to see how the profile felt. I think it actually looks pretty decent on the green Envoy though.

The HSA set had a sticky feeling at first, but that effect seems to be wearing off. Not sure if I’m just getting used to it, or if there was a a coating on the caps. The KAM set had some scratches on the spacebars, but I was able to mostly polish those out. If I look super closely at them I can still see some small scratches.

9 Likes

These look great! How is the legend consistency with HSA Hyperfuse? I got BoB + BoB a while back and it was a mixed bag, with the brown set being somewhat inconsistent and the beige set being very inconsistent in terms of legend line thickness.

Man, I really need to stop looking at pics of HSA Hyperfuse…

Gunna have to jump on it if it comes around again.

Looks great BTW!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

It’s not great… The line thickness on the mods are actually fine, but there are certain alpha keys that are noticeably thinner. G and C stand out to me the most.

8 Likes

Yes, also I noticed the Alphas like 7 and 0 are much thinner than the - (dash) key which seems quite thick. But man… they’re so shiny and fun to type on. I hope they strive to refine the legends, but I’m okay with them for now.

I guess if you’re looking for an excuse to save money, these have some pretty inconsistent issues with font weight. Don’t purchase! :angel:

If you want validation in your purchase, the gloss, colors, sculpt, sound, and feel of the keycaps are 10/10. BUY IT. :smiling_imp:

9 Likes

:angel: :thinking: :japanese_ogre:

Please stop that Hyperfuse content, Fomo is going strong…

3 Likes

I received HSA Hyperfuse and they’re total trash. Save your money. Just total garbage. Stop reading here if you’re on a budget right now.

THEY’RE SO SHINY AND VIBRANT!

8 Likes

So shiny keycaps are the new HYPE(rfuse)?

I hate shiny keycaps…

5 Likes

I shun shiny keycaps because they feel sticky to my sweaty fingers.

4 Likes

Coronavirus hasn’t forced me to wash my hands or wear masks often.
But the GMK keycaps and GB mouse pads led me to wash my hands several times a day, every day))

5 Likes

Sorry, pal. No room for preference in this hobby. :wink:

1 Like

Is this okay? It’s DCX Hyperfuse, purple day.

8 Likes

It’s at least not as shiny and precious :joy:

2 Likes