What did you order or think about ordering?

That’s WILD - it stresses me out too much. I decided I like the simpler side look for my own good I guess!

2 Likes

There is a big difference in the feel between shorter & longer springs IME. The double, triple stage stuff I don’t think matters much. It’s the overall length that makes the difference. With longer springs they get pre loaded more & start stiffer than a shorter spring with the same bottom out force. I would highly recommend giving the different lengths from 14mm to 21mm a try just to see what you like. As @donpark not everyone feels a huge difference with longers springs, but I personally do. Ever since I started using Geon 18mm springs I can tell immediately if a switch is using a shorter spring. They feel a decent bit lighter at the beginning of the keypress with the weight ramping up faster towards the bottom. I can usually tell if switches have longer springs by feel too, but they make a much less drastic difference since at 18mm I’m already using fairly long springs (14mm is Cherry spec IIRC).

As far as preferences goes I been using Geon’s springs almost exclusively the past few months, the 50g & 55g 18mm ones are my favs right now. TX, Cannonkeys, & as much as I hate to acknowledge him Sprit springs are all very high quality ones too.

5 Likes

Ordered a board’s worth of SA blanks in random colors on AE . Given the offerings on the specific AE store, I’m assuming they’re the thin PBT ones that usually get awful stencil shine-through legends. The legends are the thing that makes gamery commodity keycaps not worth even their cheap asking price, though, so I’m hoping I get a mix that’s attractive enough to zap some legends onto myself, and that there’s enough PBT in the blend for the ink to soak in. Could be a waste of $25 though. We’ll see.

2 Likes

Thinking about buying a keyboard with Aristotle Blacks. I don’t know what i’d actually do with them. But i kinda want them just for the novelty.

6 Likes

Out of the loop on this one; what happened with Sprit?

1 Like

Dude’s been a scammer all along. He basically used his first few GBs for springs to start up his business as we know IIRC. Even to this day I hear of people ordering directly from him & not getting their products. They are good springs though & for the longest time he was the only one in the game offering high quality aftermarket springs so his BS got kinda swept under rug.

4 Likes

Huh. Had no idea that’s how he got his start since his springs were already well-established by the time I got into the hobby and I’ve only ever ordered from other vendors. Good to know!

1 Like

I didn’t know that either… :sweat_smile:
Just out of curiosity: are there still “traces” of those events?

1 Like

IIRC there was a thread on GH about it. I’ll see if I can search it up & link it.

1 Like

Here you go, Is SPRiT Designs a scam?, a good GH thread about this with links to his OG GB pages.

5 Likes

I am user donkey in the GH thread. I did reach out to SPRiT guy long time ago and have concluded that he is not a scammer. Instead, he was irresponsible and insensitive. No idea how he is now but good business is good incentive for person growth so :man_shrugging:.

UPDATE: A scammer in my book is someone who sets out to scam people from the start. If a person starts something with good intentions but buckles into lying or hiding, that’s just a rat. :rat:

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. I see your point, ultimately though he still hasn’t delivered to quite a few people. So scammer or rat, whatever you want to call him I’d still recommend not buying his products. Or at the very least buying them through a known good vendor that carries them.

2 Likes

After you connected the dots to your GH username, I had a sensible chuckle to see that you and @Rob27shred are still politely disagreeing about this five years later. :smile:

7 Likes

Man, haven’t been on GH in forever. My main takeaway is how long it’s been since I’ve seen Puddsy or tp4tissue posts. Nostalgia hit hard.

2 Likes

Drop is doing their Prime day sale, so I picked up the SA Godspeed Mitospeed kit kit for $48 shipped, to finally try out proper SP keycaps. This is the R3 set that combines the Laser colorway with the Godspeed legends. Nonsensical (for a keyboard) legends and a flat profile are perfect for my builds, and the planet Function keys can be pressed into service for a 1u numpad.

6 Likes

Needed to grab a hard case for my 8XV3.0 since Matrix doesn’t ship their boards in one… (kinda chincy considering how expensive their KBs are TBH). So I grabbed another Olive colored TKL sized CK case, a microfiber cloth to wrap the board in, some more of CK’s black stab wires (love these ones!), & finally picked up a set of Nice PBT Reverse Beige before they sell out.

Edit: Also ordered a PP plate for my Hiney TKL One from Hype KBs. Want to match that with the purple nurple h87c south to get that board a little more flexible. Also think I’m gonna use those KTT Vanilla Ice Cream switches with this build as I’m thinking POK on PP will be a killer combo!

5 Likes

Well, agreeing to disagree is often the best deal one can get out of situations not worth losing sleep over. :gun:

4 Likes

This is my favorite SA set, what a deal at $48 shipped!

2 Likes

Interesting, for the Mitospeed, it says it’s all R3 (3-3-3-3-3-3) so does that mean it’s uniform and not sculpted?

2 Likes

Right, same with the Cyberdeck & Synthwave kits in SA Laser.

1 Like