What did you order or think about ordering?

Ordered a QK60 today. Black, Smokey, WKL, with gold weight.

First board I’ve ordered in years. I got a wired and a tri-mode pcb. Looks like the tri-mode pcb mapping software doesn’t support LT functionality so hopefully I can find a ble one that fits.

Seems like a pretty nice board for the price.

5 Likes

XOX70PCB
unikeysorder

Ordered these yesterday, figured I better not wait. With my luck they’d be sold out of the solder PCBs when I got around to it & I can’t live with the fixed layout of the HS PCB. Kinds curious they didn’t add any extra spots for at least stepped caps & split R shift. Seems like that’s the norm now for most HS PCBs, even ones for TKLs.

Edit: Also just ordered these two batches of switches (like I need more switches… :rofl:). The HMX EVA switches look interesting because they are supposed to be even deeper sounding than the Cangalan V2s, then I decided to take a shot on the Duhuk Lumia Matcha V4s. I’ve heard conflicting things about them, but have consistently heard they are super smooth, so figured they’re worth a shot.

5 Likes

Ordered two full sets of switches and four more to sample because I’m indecisive:

5 Likes

Ordered 90 MMD V3 Princess Tactile Switches for $14.28 delivered…Well, let’s see if they get delivered.

2 Likes

Finally bought a 75A75. It’s a CnC Acrylic 75% with PCB, FR-4 plate, daughter board and foam for 25usd, as far as i can understand, because clearance prices. If anyone else wants one before they are sold out : 商品详情

• I also want to order GMK Red Alert Dye-Sub PBT clones from taobao. I have the original Set, i just can’t get myself to use it and make it shiny. It’s by far my favorite Set, along with GMK/Cherry Dolch and Blue Alert, so i’d love to keep it intact.
3 Likes

Ordered a switch tester 81 switches.
Screenshot from 2024-03-23 09-56-48
Seemed the best way to get to try out some of the different brands/types before building a keyboard from scratch.
Now looking for TKL PCB’s

3 Likes

Got in on a Line Friends TKL extra. Silver. Probably one of the more boring colors from the GB, but I have been looking for a more premium silver TKL lately. I just feel like silver is one of those colors that seems to pop with any keycap set.

I was holding out for Calla TKL extras, but it sounds like they might only have a few extras if at all. Plus after reading some posts on here and talking to people in person, it sounds like EC parts can be a tad wonky for the price. Once I was less interested in going the EC route, then a lot of the “coolness” of that board was suddenly no longer a factor.

3 Likes

Ordered 110 unlubed Gateron Deepping switches from Swagkeys. Keep hearing great things about them so figured i better grab some while they’re still around.

4 Likes

Well it was a bit of a lose/win but I ended up with an A- Caereroia from Cannonkeys

I actually got a spot in the V2 Hype raffle for A stock but when it took me to the checkout page I clicked on the login option bc it’s usually faster than typing the details. Oops, that kicks you out of the raffle. Oh well, now I know.

4 Likes

Eh, I’ve heard AKB is pretty tight with their QC so A- should be what most others would consider regular A stock. Kinda like Geon, I got an A stock Frog 8k cause I wanted that board to be pristine & it was easily the best A stock I’ve ever got. I’d personally say it was A+ stock TBH! So hopefully your Caerdroia shows up & doesn’t have anything noticeable on it. Awesome board too, can’t wait to see pics when you get it!

4 Likes

Just got a zoom98 which is in-stock now at CK for the Mrs who wanted something wireless Zoom98 Keyboard – CannonKeys

2 Likes

GMK DMG 3 is on sale at Omni until 4pm CT GMK DMG 3 (CYL) – Omnitype™ - I’ve been considering this set for…maybe years? Finally got it.

6 Likes

thocckeys
Grabbed a set of DCS Alchemy since Thockeys found a few more in their warehouse! I was so pissed at myself that I didn’t order one before they sold out the first time around so I definitely wasn’t gonna let it slip through my fingers again LOL! Also saw they had these Tecsee Kingfisher switches on a really deep discount. Never tried a switch with a PME housing & at under $20 for 143 of them I figure they’re worth a shot! (they send an extra 3 switches for every 10 cause of “Disclaimer: The manufacturer Tecsee has confirmed that the presence of some excess plastic shavings on the rail is a property of the PME Material with how it is currently formulated and affects somewhere around 25% of the switches. It is not readily apparent when using the switch until you open it up and can be scraped off in most cases with the edge of a hard small surface (fingernail, small screwdriver, etc.) and it does not affect smoothness usually. Since this is a property of the material this means all PME switches that Tecsee manufacters will potentially have this issue until they refine the mixture which they are working on doing.”)

Edit: So I do actually have some switches with a PME housing I forgot all about… :rofl: I got a batch of the DKxTecsee Blue Velvet linears, which seem pretty nice giving them a quick hand test again. Oh well, I might be mad if I paid full price for the Kingfishers. Although at the current price I’ll happily keep them!

6 Likes

I’m thinking about ordering another wooden keyboard, but this one is just the case (and matching wrist rest), so I’d have to find a compatible PCB and plate.

It seems like it is just the typical 60% tray mount layout, and there seems to be many compatible PCBs, but I’m not entirely sure what to go with. Does anyone have any suggestions for one with the following features?

• 64 key layout (i.e., to support an arrow cluster)
  • customizable key mapping and layers, preferably with VIA(L)
  • hotswap
  • preferably wired-only (to save having to waste an unneeded battery)
1 Like

On a quick search I found this one that seems alright for the price.

1 Like

I’ve been buying far less this past year, more selectively at least. Lord knows I have too much as is. I’ve always wanted to pick up a Matrix board, but the money and timing were never right. When I saw the Navi extras pop up on NovelKeys I decided to jump on it. I really liked the Linen colorway and the badge/weight combo as well. The board has the whole Matrix experience unabashedly slapped right on the front, and I’m down with it.

7 Likes

While still ongoing with my rebuild of an old Fujitsu keyboard (handwired, ALPS keys), it will be a slow project so thought I might get a barebones TKL to play with.
I can get a Monsgeek M3 (locally) for $A179 which is among the cheaper options and seems to have good reviews.
Open to other (similar priced) suggestions though.

3 Likes

If you’re ok with a FRL TKL, there are still a few BT hotswap variants of the DR-70F available at Divinikey.

I just built mine tonight and it’s quite impressive for the price.

1 Like

That’s a bit outside my budget. It would cost me over $A500!

Ouch. It’s a nice board, but not that nice. I misjudged what you’d pay for currency conversion/shipping/taxes by a long shot. :upside_down_face: