What did you order or think about ordering?

Somehow the “warehouse Wednesday” PC Molly build was still in stock at TKC and a code popped up for 20% off of everything at TKC (SPRING20) which worked with it, so I got some “Fairy Pro” silent linear switches to try and the prebuilt Molly.

3 Likes

A bit more searching shows up a Monsgeek M3W, fully assembled with Akko cream yellow switches and keycaps for not a lot more than the barebones . Problem is I don’t really want a linear switch (or need wireless)

EDIT: Seems the M3W is not QKM/Via compatible so it’s out of the running

Just ordered the Monsgeek M3 bare-bones in black, a set of Keychron Retro keycaps. Switches I’m still deciding on but MIGHT be Gateron Baby Kangaroos

EDIT: Did go with the Baby Kangaroos but might get some linear as well. Was also thinking of getting the POM or FR4 plates to suit. It’s my first keyboard build so a few options so I can see/feel the difference for myself.

3 Likes

Just grabbed this Techtronix 119-1989-01 from fleabay for $120 shipped. I added it to my watchlist when I seen it cause while the board itself looks a little dirty the switches seem to be very clean. Then the seller offered me a pretty deep discount on it so I couldn’t pass. After a little bit of searching this should have been made anywhere between 1985 & 1987 (not 1989 as that is just the model no.), so that puts it in prime vint black territory. Also the I really dig the keycaps which seem to be DCS, although there was no pics of the underside of a cap so I’m not sure if they’re regular thin DCS or OG thick DCS. I’m kinda hoping for the latter but it is a pretty funky layout. So if they are thick DCS I’ll need to find some more to supplement them if I want to fill a modern board out with them. Planning on trying to convert it to USB so I can keep it all together, but even if I end up having to harvest it for the switches & caps I still think this should be a winner (dependant on the condition of the switches)!

5 Likes

What does that button at the top left do?

That’s a beautiful board, wow.

1 Like

Not sure TBH, was wondering the same LOL! I’m guessing it might be a power button for the terminal it went with. Although I could be wrong. I’ll let you know when I get it.

1 Like

divinikeyorder
nkorder
Ended up seeing Divinikey finally had Geon’s Pure Linear sliders back in stock so I ordered 200 of them, another 2 pack of JTK trays for my DCS Alchemy set, & cheap 4 prong stem holder since my TX one doesn’t grab every cruciform mount tightly. The Pure sliders have been on my radar for awhile since they allow for full travel & are made of POM+PTFE blend which should make for super smooth switches! I also decided I better order another solder PCB for my XOX70 since I have been enjoying it so much. Then I ordered a POM full plate for it as well to see how it does with a plastic plate.

4 Likes

It’s labeled as “Joydisk” on the PCB, based on this one.

On deskthority, THIS one has an arrow cluster under a somewhat similar housing (obviously more rectangular though).

That said, they did go to dials eventually, but I’m leaning towards a rather inconvenient arrow cluster, especially with those four diodes(?) hanging out up there.

2 Likes

I finally got some Monokai Material. Was pretty upset at myself for missing it by a couple days. Had some extras in my cart, even had a discount/sale, but I sat on it 1 day too long.
Now I just need to find the extensions kit on mechmarket.

EDIT:
annnnnd I just snagged some MT3 Serikas. Someone please help my spending problem;laskdjfa;sd

4 Likes

DCS Honeywell
Almost forgot this was running now, phew, got my set ordered! :rofl:

7 Likes

Belatedly thinking about getting a F1-8X V2, preferably Raw WK option, hot-swap PCB, and FR4 full plate.

Yes, I know that the GB is closed and KFA is the only US vendor still selling as Pre-Order. Given my recent experience with them, getting it via KFA is not an option for me.

My options are then:

1. Wait for extras to be available - Expected production time is now almost a full year so extras will take longer.
  2. Get a used F1-8X OG - I found quite a few full boards as well as parts listed in South Korean used goods online markets.

My plan is to just wait til my patience runs out or extras become available.

4 Likes

Bought another clone Gameboy. This one was special because it looks identical to an actual DMG Gameboy, but the color scheme was never used by Nintendo and the Lens has a weird yellow tint to it.
And also a Set of unknown Cherry switches that even most collectors haven’t seen before, it seems, from the reactions i’ve gotten to them. Will show Images when they arrive at the Warehouse.
I’m also thinking about buying some Boards. Thinking about a Purest75 or some kind of HHKB 60% again. Maybe Revo Happy, or Tas60.

5 Likes

I was able to snag a couple kits when Oblotzky put up the warehouse finds sale (his warehouse or GMK’s – not sure which). I thought I’d never see this set again for sale (non-aftermarket) outside of another round. They sold out in like a min or two, and I got lucky.

5 Likes

H87C
Figured I better grab a couple H87c south PCBs before NK sells out of them. At $27 a pop you really can’t beat that price. I also tossed in a full FR4 plate for my XOX70 to see how that feels & sounds in it. Then not pictured I ordered 2 more gasket sets & a set of replacement screws for my XOX70 the other day. That way I got backups for way down the line when all the accessories sold out.

5 Likes

This my first time posting on this thread. I’ve been wanting to try out knight stabilizers but couldn’t bear to spend $18 on shipping, the going rate to the US on Swagkey. So I asked my Korean friend if I could ship to her family and get them when she returns from her next trip. Two sets for 39,000 won delivered. I offered to pay and she said “hahaha your order is not yet in your hands”. Yeah, I’ll probably get them in October. But I saved on shipping!

5 Likes

Yeah Swagkeys shipping is expensive to the US, but I will say it’s super quick. The last couple orders I did with them got shipped & delivered within 3 days! Which is crazy fast for something coming from Korea IME.

5 Likes

Ordered some Gateron Smoothies from Milktooth (at 0.27 cents per switch). Didn’t get them before due to 3.6mm key travel but words from Keebtalk peers did encourage me to try the switch in more cases.

A bizarre thing I learned about key travel is that case matters, meaning a switch that felt too short in a case may not feel as bad in a different case. Case shouldn’t matter yet it does seems to. MMD Vivian (3.6mm) felt too short in a handful of cases I tried. But not in Aluminum Tofu with FR4 plate. So I am going to try Smoothie in the same case.

6 Likes

It is bizarre for sure but I’ve experienced the same thing. I think it might have more to do with mounting style. On my softer boards I am ok with long poles, but prefer full travel on my stiffer boards.

3 Likes

This kinda came out nowhere, but got a chance to buy a super nice Matrix 8XV3.0 from a local friend. I never been a huge fan of all the crazy different colored parts Matrix boards usually have (although I have to admit I liked some I’ve seen & they are undeniably cool), but this one is super clean looking with the all brass weight. Also I don’t have a Matrix board yet & have wanted one for my collection forever. Pretty hyped for this pickup!

11 Likes

Just put in for a rose gold Altair-X with the sub-legend caps and wooden wrist (palm) rests. Now, I wait.

The add-ons are not necessary, but they’re convenient and/or look cool, dammit!

4 Likes