What did you order or think about ordering?

I’m also done buying for the year and now just waiting for Class60 to tinker with.

3 Likes

Did order: Forgot I ordered a custom Kinesis Advantage 2 with hyperglide blacks from Upgrade Keyboards a few months ago in the middle of the night. Stumbled across the confirmation email again and thought, “Oh, I guess that wasn’t a dream after all. Cool.” I was back and forth a couple of times between alpacas and hyperglide blacks before settling on my longtime favorite switch, Cherry blacks.

Think about ordering: Sennheiser HD800S. I decided instead of buying these immediately, I’d continue with my K712 Pros and tuck away $100 a month until I had enough to purchase to make myself wait long enough to confirm I really want them or if it’s just impulsivity.

4 Likes

my current headphone “crush” is the Focal Bathys. keep coming back to the order page and then close it.

apologies for the off-topic.

2 Likes

I ordered a Rule60v2.1 HHKB with internal steel weight. Sadly it comes with a PC plate by default. There seem to be plate files floating around the internet, but i have not found anything so far. I would love some Alu or Steel plates, maybe even half-plates, but i think PC will be too soft for my preferences. We will see in +/- 10 days when it arrives here from china together with my Gateron Smoothie switches.

3 Likes

These are appealing to me:

A few months back I downsized my desk and ended up custom cutting some felt for the bottom of my keyboard. These are nice and reasonable. One issue I do see is that they are cut for the keyboard itself. For those who use a wrist-rest (like me) it just wouldn’t work.

6 Likes

I use a Keebmat right now and have found that when I do use a wrist rest it hasn’t been too much of a problem (few exceptions, but generally been fine (but to note I also rarely use a wrist rest as well)).

4 Likes

Same, I ordered a TKL szed Feltie last night. Should be here tomorrow, I’ll post pics with a quick & dirty review on it when it shows up.

1 Like

Babes that’s what I’m talkin’ about.

… come to butthead

3 Likes

I’ve been away from the keeb game a while too, and I’m wanting to replace my staples Aeron knockoff with a legit aeron. Cash poor for it, so maybe in the new year.

3 Likes

Got 5 sets of keyreative blanks and a g80-3700. I need gas money and don’t have another job yet. I have a shopping addiction

4 Likes

Understandable. I find other distractions like mobile games or walking/listening to music to keep myself from shopping. It certainly can be challenging.

1 Like

Bought “Project Zomboid” on Steam. Control is a bit funky but looks like a quality rabbit hole.

3 Likes

I ordered a Matias Mini Tactile Pro. I want to by a used one but could not find any being put up on sale, whether at Keebtalk, Reddit, Geekhack nor Deskthority. It’s like no one is using Matias anymore. And so I have to order from one of their reseller in a country near mine so, have to pay shipping fees. It better be worth it!

4 Likes

I was thinking about ordering gmk mictlan keycaps but I’m confused by the various vendors: gmkkeycap.com provides “clones” (not sure what this means practically), and says they are PBT; gmkkeycaps.com, provides scanty descriptions (does not even include what materials the keycaps are made from); and novelkeys.com, which provides good descriptions and says they are double-shot ABS, but is more expensive. I’m not even sure that the gmkkeycap(s) sites are legitimate. Perhaps confusion is a good state and will keep me from getting anything…today.

1 Like
  • keycaps sold by gmkkeycap(s).com are not legit GMK keycaps.
  • Doubleshot ABS keycaps sold by NovelKeys is legit GMK keycaps.
  • legit GMK keycaps in Cherry profile are doubleshot ABS.
  • legit GMK keycaps in MTNU profile are doubleshot PBT.
10 Likes

Thank you. I guess I will start the new year with a new purchase.

2 Likes

I was able to get in on a local GB that took advantage of the BOGO GMK sale at NK. I snagged GMK Zooted at ~$66. Pretty nice little deal with all of us. I would highly suggest it if you can pull it off with a couple locals in your area. :+1:

3 Likes

That’s crazy, a few of us here in Pgh. did the same thing & I went for Zooted too! :rofl: :+1:

3 Likes

Been really interested in the set for a while, bit the bullet and ordered Symbiote from Omnitype.

2 Likes