What did you order or think about ordering?

Thought about DCS guardian from Prototypist.

Actually bought some milmax sockets from Mode. Their prices are the best I found.

2 Likes

I’m thinking of getting an electric screwdriver! Maybe with magnetic bits…

3 Likes

The little boom stick ones? People seem to like them if you don’t care about electric I like my little iFixit kit. They have magnetic bits. I agree that is a really useful feature.

Yeah, screws are small and if it falls, especially if it falls to the floor, man you have to find it which is time consuming.

I can’t say magnets will prevent that but they’ll help lol. Just wait until you pop a lubed switch spring somewhere into your room.

1 Like

VIntage hunting again, got an offer to buy this for $100 down from the $150 it was posted at. Decided it was worth the shot. The board is a little dirty, but from the switch pic it looks like they’re in pretty good shape. The last really nice batch of SKCL greens I got came from one of these (the one I bought that was just the plate, PCB, & switches), so hopefully these are in similar condition. Thinking I’ll probably restore this guy vs harvest it though. Looks like it should clean up really good, we shall see in about a week I guess.

10 Likes

That is a very interesting layout for the numpad 0. And is that a 1.5u NumLock?

2 Likes

Yep, this was made back when the Model F & XT/AT layouts were the standard. Definitely a weird layout!

Nice score. This is on my wishlist still for vintage boards.

1 Like

I just decided on Black Cherry Pies for my Mode Sonnet, but I am curious if anyone has tried to relube these switches with 3204, how does it compare to the factory lube job? I don’t know if I want to go through the effort of redoing the lube job on so many switches.

1 Like

I haven’t messed with the sarokeys BCPs, but they will benefit from hand lubing & you can run 3204 or 205g0 over the factory lube. IME with factory lubed linears they’ve always felt much better hand lubed, but I am pretty picky about how my switches need to feel. If you think you’d be happy running them with the stock factory lube they’ll be fine that way.

3 Likes

I thought about ordering several things:

MonsGeek M2, in purple
Qwertykeys QK100, anodized navy, barebones with tri-mode wireless pcb
Drop Shift V1, space gray, dirt cheap on Amazon

Actually, I wanted to order them all, evaluate and sell/return the one/ones I don’t like but I don’t wish to be divorced so…

I also entered a raffle for this:

Not sure how I will pay for it if I win the chance.

5 Likes

I want a zkb2r but they’re always like 5x that price uwu

2 Likes

I ordered two full size boards’ worth of blank XDA. I am determined to find the right jigs and designs to laser a consistent set of keycap legends. The colorfast-ness of zapping the infusible ink seems good so far, but being less than a mm off can be noticeable, depending on the keycap profile and legend placement. I think going to upper left instead of center will help, as precision will be its own reward, not requiring the combination of precision and accuracy that centered legends need.

5 Likes

Was not planning on spending more on keyboards this holiday season but with the Omnitype sale today I could not pass on <$80 for GMK Minimal 2.

3 Likes

I really wish the Redacted set was that cheap because I already own Minimal. Maybe I could buy Minimal and take a sharpie to it. Not the same base color tho

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up, I ended up grabbing GMK Burple for a great price!

2 Likes

I got to say, it has been really great buying GMK sets on sale. I need to be smart and remember that they go on sale regularly these days!

1 Like

Yeah I wish that DMG was just like $20 cheaper so I could buy that too lol

frankly amazing deals. Too bad I put myself on a purchasing hold after all the damage from the November sales xD

1 Like