What did you order or think about ordering?

Update 2 : The 37usd full alu 65% case is also legit. Now i just need to find a Daughterboard and a PCB that would work with this. I’m not sure if that’s even possible to find or if i have to somehow find someone to create it for me or something.

4 Likes

BM65 is center mount USB -

3 Likes

That description cracks me up, KP sounding like keeb mom ,“and you better not be using key switches with soldering tin (on them)”! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Sadly that center hole is for a daughterboard, not for centered USB. And it has the gasket mounting tabs on the PCB, so it’s very tricky to find an alternative. if there even is any. D:

2 Likes

A very quick googling reveals this uses the same Vietnamese PCB as the Dream67 keyboard. Hopefully that is helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes you must eat your vegetables before installing stabilizers.

4 Likes

The KEEP DREAM makes me think that the case is for the Dream67, good find

1 Like

I was thinking of ordering the mid century riser for the norbaforce - but it’s really pricey :confused:

1 Like

Ordered GEON x Wolf Fly DaughterboardFly Daughterboard and extra long EZ-Mate cable to see if they’ll fit WK870 as precursor to replacing the PCB with QMK support.

2 Likes

it is indeed for the Dream67, but i can’t seem to find a PCB and daughterboard for that anywhere on the internet, or even a compatible PCB as it has the mounting tabs on the PCB rather than the plate. There is only a listing for the entire kit on a vietnamese vendor, but that’s all i could find and not helping much.

Ordered Invokeys Red Bean switches to see how PBT switch housing sounds. (Yes, it’s now orderable).

6 Likes

Picked some of these up as well as some Purple Rice switches as well. :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Picked up an old discontinued Lego Scooby-Doo set that I have wanted for awhile. Local Lego shop had it for $180, which was a really good price from what I have seen the set going for online. My wife and I are both big into Legos and I am a huge Scooby-Doo fan, so it was a no brainer when I saw it sitting there.

5 Likes

Got some stabs, Gateron Greens, and a blank set of DSA during the 11/11 Aliexpress sale. I have some ideas about a no-stabs, split-space FRL 1800 that only uses keycaps available on a standard 104-key. I also have a couple of TKL-ish plates to populate and hand wire.

4 Likes

Ordered some of the new Gateron x Sillyworks switches from Unikeys

5 Likes

I nabbed some as well. Went with the Type A’s.

Interested in checking out the top housing to see if/how the design changes anything…
:thinking::thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

Yeah these look really interesting, I almost grabbed a of type As I think, but I’m gonna wait for type Y to see if they use any different materials with it. Let us know what you think when you get them in!

1 Like

I would like to order a Revo Happy HHKB, as they seem to have been restocked with another run on taobao. But some things about it just put me off, no matter how much i like the design when it’s on the desk. The fact that it only has POM plates and no alu is one thing. But it’s also using a proprietary PCB and i’m not sure if it even supports any other 60% PCB.
Why does it have to be so difficult to find a good 60% HHKB these days.

I thought it was interesting that they state the molds are only used 8 times before they are remade. But then I started thinking… how many times do they normally use them. Like… do they normally use them 12 times and this is a reduction to 8? Or do they usually run them thousands of times? Seems like we’d need more information to know if this number is actually meaningful in terms of switch quality.

5 Likes

That is a good question. I always assumed the molds get used hundreds if not thousands of times before they are so worn that they cause issues with the pieces coming out of them. Although I could be wrong there & have never really looked into it. I know the the closer to the start of the molds working lifetime a piece is made the better it will be, but I do not know how many uses before noticeable degradation of the pieces happen. Also curious as to what a manufacturer would consider to be degradation of the molds & what they would consider a mold that needs replaced? We definitely need more info on this stuff. It would help tremendously in deciding what switches are worth purchasing, when to purchase them, & when to assume the molds have been used enough for the switches to start feeling worse than earlier batches. This is a rabbit I might start climbing down now that you got me thinking of it! Will report back if I find an pertinent info!

3 Likes