What did you order or think about ordering?

Figured why not? If I don’t like or use it, I can surely resell it, right? :slight_smile:

When kits get this versatile I start to question the size of my collection. But never doubt, right? Gotta focus on moving forward :melting_face: :upside_down_face:

Doubts GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

6 Likes

I have similar doubts about entering the group buy for GMK MTNU 800; especially when you look at the European prices.

More so, because I even do not know whether I will like this new MTNU profile.
As it happens, I am still waiting for the delivery of the WoB set, expected to ship from Germany on or before November 30th, 2023.

And as you have it, I now see that group buys for GMK MTNU Susu and Cream are also being launched, all with the very same on or before November 30th, 2023 shipping date.

Oh well, MTNU sets will most probably become a stock item like MT3 did. So, I will just wait out the arrival of my first set and then take my time to make up my mind about this new MTNU profile. I reckon, with time, these new sets will drop in price, once the money of us FOMO-suckers got raked in. :wink:

4 Likes

I’m in the exact same boat. Ordered MTNU WoB and will probably wait for delivery on that before buying any other MTNU sets. I want to make sure that I like the profile and to see how GMK does with their first PBT keycaps. So far, I’m loving all the colorways being offered but need to pace myself lest I go broke…

4 Likes

I copped for MTNU Susu and Beige. Will wait on delivery of those and more custom designs to be announced to even consider more sets

2 Likes

Thinking about ordering the BNK9 Macropad from DangKeebs. It’s CNC aluminum top and bottom cases, hotswap, per-key RGB, QMK/VIA, with a chonky, clickable rotary encoder for $70. Available in silver and black.

Do I need this, no, but that’s never really stopped me before…

4 Likes

Mictlan is shipping! Damn its already at my house! I love getting stuff from NK since I live somewhat close! Pics incoming after work!
Edit: Oh yeah I also ordered two sets of JTK regular keycap trays from Divinikey for those OG doubleshots I got. Just need to grab like 4 JTK MAX trays to hold my SA & MT3 caps, then I’ll have a case for all my caps!

3 Likes

Ordered pads, gaskets, silencers, and sliders from Deskeys to use/try with Class60 EC Kit. It’s not clear if Deskeys sliders will be needed so ordered only a set (17x sliders). Also held off on ordering dome gaskets for offsetting key travel reduction from silencer ring bc both stock and Deskeys sliders are slightly extended.

WHY: Based on sound test videos, sound of boards using the EC Kit had a lot of unpleasant noise which pads, gaskets, and silencers should be able to reduce to bare minimum. And slider sound wasn’t that pleasant either so I wanted to see if Deskeys sliders can make a difference.

WISH: EC products could use more reviews. We shouldn’t have to make purchase decisions based on vague descriptions on product page.

3 Likes

Ordered some TTC Silent Bluish White from Milktooth for that Topre-ish sound.

5 Likes

I was thinking about ordering a KBD8X MKIII, but not quite sure as I’ve been more picky with my preferences and been downsizing/curating my collection as of late.
The color options are definitely tempting and the sound tests are promising but I think that the aesthetics mostly staying the same as the MKII with the exception of the weight kinda stalls my decision. Probably just buyer impulse.

5 Likes

DCS Midnight
Ordered the extra keys I’ll need for the set of DCS Midnight I’ll be getting soon. They’re still on sale if you go through their new website instead of PMK.

4 Likes

Happened to be awake still when the GB started last night and picked up a Rubedo is0GR with extra aluminum and FR4 plates :yum:

3 Likes

Ordered myself some good ol’ Taobao specials. I have no idea if they are legit or not, but that’s what i’m going to find out, i guess.

• A chonky, full alu, tray-mount m0110-clone case for 30usd.
  • A full alu, PCB-gasket mount 65% Case for 37usd. It doesn’t come with PCB or anything and i have no idea how or where i would even be able to get one that would work, since it has the gasket-mount tabs on the PCB, but that’s a problem for future me.
  • 2 wireless mice just because i hate logitech mice, specially the g305 lightspeed i’m using right now. i despise that thing with all of my being.
  • a hotswap PCB for my g-pro wireless mouse just so i can at least fix it back to a functional state without doubleclick issue.
  • some more obscure and probable fake as hell switches, like switches that share a lot of mold similarities with actual cherry switches, have a razer nameplate, but also have red and black stem colors. they technically shouldn’t exist, because razer never had actual cherry-made switches, even less so with red and black stems. so we will see.
6 Likes

!!!

I got this issue on my Razer 2013 and picked up a couple new switches to fix it, along with some new side pads. It looks pretty trivial though delicate. Of course the parts and mouse have been sitting on my desk for months now.

You found a hotswap PCB for yours?!

Yes, there is a taobao store who is selling hotswap PCB’s for some logitech mice here. i’m not sure if they work yet, but it should arrive soon. https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=728587988675

3 Likes

How do you order from Taobao? It is all Chinese to me…

I ordered the GMK Slasher sets that ProjectKeyboard scammed me out from Novelkeys for a big discount. Good on them.

2 Likes

Oh wow, despite being in the mechanical keyboard hobby I’ve never guessed this was a thing, great to know.

I definitely want one for MX Vertical and my lovely g102, had a very hard time changing the switches.

1 Like

Wait, aftermarket hotswap PCB is a thing for mice?

Does this apply to Razer, Microsoft, and other Logitech variants?

Update 1 : Holy hell, the <30usd full alu m0110-clone case is actually legit. they even had like 30 color cards to chose my own color. this one isn’t that, which is kind of funny. superbuy employee must have not read my note and instructions with the colors. but it just arrived at the warehouse. how is that even possible, damn.

7 Likes

dang. Do the keycaps sit below the bezel? That’s deeeep, lol. Actually, it reminds me a lot of my Retro60. You’ll have to show us the sides and back when you get it.

1 Like