What did you order or think about ordering?

Sounds like you need to buy the G80-0915 Keycaps from me :smirk:

1 Like

I mean if your selling them… :laughing: I was so tempted to grab one of those chonky G80-2000s off of @templar, but just didn’t have the loot for it & intl. shipping at the time.

1 Like

Seller just offered this to me for $240, I jumped on it even though I already have a Video Writer. This one is super clean & been kept in it’s cover for years supposedly. Honestly it looks to be unused or maybe used just once or twice. Now I’ll be able to take a shot at converting my other one to work over USB!

9 Likes

Love it. I’ve never picked one up. Jealous

1 Like

Picked up some goods to make some Cherry Hyperglide Blacks. :+1: Been a while since I lubed and filmed, but excited to try them.

I went with 60g TX XL springs, and I have some DesKey films lying around. This will be only my second time using these films, man they are a pain to deal with. Although I heard one trick is to put the film on the top housing and then close them that way. We will see.

Everyone talking about linears feeling better on my old ass fingers is really starting to ring true these days.

3 Likes

If you got carpal tunnel or any other issues your hands/wrists will thank you! My hands/wrists are all kinds of messed up from doing manual labor for the last 25 years & the switch to light linears was a lifesaver for me! For my first few years in the hobby I was all about heavy tactiles (heavy in spring weight & bump), but I’d start getting numbness & pain in my hands/wrists anytime I used my boards for an extended period. Particularly when gaming for more than an hour. Finally decided to give light linears a try & my tastes did a complete 180°. Now almost all my boards use light linears, the only notable exception being my brown ALPS builds/boards. Which I use a much lighter than stock spring on also, to keep pain &/or fatigue to a minimum.

That said, personal preference & all, they could end up just not being something you like too. I will say it is definitely worth a try if you’ve been having issues with heavier/tactile/clicky switches. Oh & for the Deskeys films I’ve found putting them on the bottom housing is the easiest for closing IME. I’ll put it on the bottom housing, carefully get the top housings legs over the film but not fully clipped into the bottom housing. Then you can use your thumbs to push the film more towards the front or back depending on how it’s sitting. Once you got it lined up where you want it, keep it held there by the thumb you used to shift it to its current position, & completely close the switch. Sounds kinda long winded, but once you get the hang of doing it this way they go pretty fast.

5 Likes

I was feeling a bit of FOMO regret that I didn’t add the $5 Gorton font when I ordered the Shift Happens book set, especially when they added the lowercase letters to the font… but I found out last night that I did in fact order the font! Very excited to see that the set will be shipping soon!

4 Likes

Finally, GMK Hyperfuse is available but… I haven’t seen anyone purchasing from Originative/TypeMachina in a long time, and their recent inactivity doesn’t look great, especially considering the current keyboard market. Anyone else thinking about ordering?

Got burnt from the Mechs & Co debacle so I’m pretty wary of GBs

3 Likes

I stopped buying from Originative but tbh I can’t remember why I stopped and they fulfilled all my orders before. I doubt they’re doing brisk business yet they’re still doing business so chance of them scamming is pretty low although I’d expect order fulfillment to take a bit longer.

3 Likes

I ordered an Exent from them last year and it came with a terribly cracked base. They sent me a replacement base, but it took some constant reminding on my part to get them to actually do it. I’ve never had a real problem with them (they did make things right with some aggressive pinging on my part), but it was nail biter.

4 Likes

In my experience, they shipped me keycaps that were scratched (cannot be wiped off) and packaged poorly, and then I had to pay the shipping to return it. Their customer support takes a few email ping to remind them for my full (more like partial) refund. I don’t recommend buying anything from them.

4 Likes

I’ve never had an issue with OCO beyond their prices, although I only ever ordered in stock stuff from them. They have a umm… reputation when it comes to HF but I never heard of anyone getting flat out burnt by them beyond that.

3 Likes

MTNU 800

There might be a keyset out there more perfect for my tastes, but I’m having a real hard time imagining it.

Just… look at it

It’s been a long time since I’ve gone all-in on a keyset, but I didn’t even hesitate here. I’ve been looking for the “right” brown keyset for… a long time - and this is closer to that imaginary ideal than I ever thought would be available. :smiley:

Only hard part is going to be deciding which keeb it’s going to live on.

7 Likes

The first picture of this keyboard looks like it would look right at home next to an orange amp. Or maybe just any vintage guitar amp lol

4 Likes

Exactly!

It’s not an Orange amp, but an amp that be orange… this is the exact render drew me into the custom hobby years ago - and matt30’s new set there really looks to nail the vibe.

6 Likes

I’m thinking about getting a RK ROYAL KLUDGE RK84

2 Likes

Won the Keyboard Club lottery today with a hundo discount, so I paid zero dollars shipped for a CTRL V2 PCB and cyber-themed cable

6 Likes

I asked Lear, the guy who is MM studio, for badge dimensions in his discord and he posted a .step file for the badge. I put it in a Dropbox folder

5 Likes

If you don’t have it, I’d just pick up DCX Hyperfuse plus the extra kit with the purples. DCX legends aren’t perfect…a little blobby at times and/or thin looking on darker mods to my eyes…but it’s a nice set!

…though I understand if you want to collect the GMK set.

I personally keep flirting with this. I shouldn’t but I think I may cave. It just looks very clean. I love the dusky looking RGB+O symmetrical accents and the suggestion of a gradient with the black options.

6 Likes

Okay, I ordered SW Foundation; furthermore, I examined the layout more closely in the aftermath and noticed the F and J are scooped!!! Yee gods! Swoon.

2 Likes