What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

These look pretty interesting, let us know how they are when you get a chance to use them in a board!

1 Like

Yes it already is.

3 Likes

My Drop x HifiMan HE4XX’s arrived today. And my Record keyboard (also in that same coffee colorway that everyone seems to be getting) entered the states so hoping that will be here this weekend or early next week.

6 Likes

Those should sound great. I like my 400se, though I think these are a more of a re-tune on the 400s, from the little I could find on it. If you’ve got an amp and they are like the se, you should be able to EQ in plentiful clean bass.

Right now it’s powered by the RNHP - hoping to add a DAC into the mix at some point, just not an audiophile enough to the point where I’ve felt like spending money on one.

1 Like

I’m about 30 miles south of that store :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Granted, I’ve only been there a few times. It’s hard to motivate myself to drive there when Newegg places a box on my porch in a few days, lol. It is nice to have should I need a part that day however.

1 Like

Lucky! Funnily enough I saw earlier today that micro center was having a sale on the factory lubed new nixies!

1 Like

Just finished. First built with daughterboard upside down lol

6 Likes

8 Likes

Pretty nice board. Built with greetech browns, I think stock springs, dunno if lubed or anything. Crp greek tulip. Great for price as far as I can tell, nabbed right when it released. First 65% for myself! Recommend

**Edit: also it’s pretty remarkable packaging; to me could def see this thing being displayed in a microcenter or something near me in a few years or so

7 Likes

I got this neat lil’ guy.

11 Likes

what is the 1800 beauty in the background? also liking the non-standard bottom row

1 Like

It is my good old Winghead, a board I designed quite a few years ago :wink:

1 Like

winghead EC when :wink:

1 Like

I’d like an EC board, but it will be for another design if it happens.

1 Like

JTK HSA Hyperfuse, from Vala Supply’s BFCM sale.

I am planning to pair them with some loud Kailh Box Thick Click switches, to go with the loud colours. Switches have not arrived yet so the keycaps are chilling out on my lego layout tester.

The purple keycaps are a fairly close match, just a little paler than my purple PCBs. I need to get some non-black lego technic beams so the enclosure matches the keycaps better. I think I will go for the pale grey — the incomplete enclosue in the picture is using dark grey.

The packaging is ridiculously overdone. Most of the keycaps were mounted on little jigsaw sleds which I guess were supposed to make them fit more snugly between the bottom and top of the substantial plastic box — but they failed and several of them arrived out of place. (Maybe not as disordered as GMK boxes can be!) Never mind the protective film on the box and the chunky shock-absorbent foam holding it in the outer c ardbo ardbo x… It makes me appreciate the modest efficiency of SP’s cardboard-backed vacuum packs.

An amusing touch was the JTK polishing cloth: a nice bit of swag for such glossy keycaps :nerd_face:

8 Likes

:dolphin: :dolphin: :dolphin: :dolphin:
My Dolphin showed up today! Man is this thing a beast in person, just a huge chunk of steel for the weight! I think it actually weighs more than my Hiney TKL one which got brass & stainless weights, but neither are as big the chonker in this! The side profile too… :drooling_face:

13 Likes

That represents an impressive amount of machining.

2 Likes

edit: new pic because the last one was way too dark haha

$47 JTK 404 Base kit from TKC I ordered the other day came in. Super nice for the price! Keys have some pronounced texture (for now), but still feel and sound very nice. Solid white on grey set option.

8 Likes

I tested some samples of TTC Gold Brown Pro the other day, and I have to say that they are pretty great, stock.

They are pretty clacky for a stock tactile, and there isn’t much scratch present.

But what really impresses me is the push-feel. It’s a true Brown, light at the top, and with significant pre-travel. It also returns pretty quickly, while being fairly light.

I can’t even imagine what these would be like, properly-lubed. I am thinking of running them stock in a hotswap NCR-80, with non-Cherry keycaps to avoid R3 interference. If stock MX Browns had been like this, I might have been satisfied with Filco and Leopold.

[The only issue is that an NCR-80 with a CF plate is still a pretty harsh platform.]

2 Likes