What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

They’re really good! Like V3s you don’t have to lube. Might be my favorite stock Brown (aside from Akko POMs, just 'cause I love my long poles).

1 Like

It took 2 months to come, but at last I have SA Retro :slight_smile:

11 Likes

50 dollar high end abs

Wait what

2 Likes

Ahh before minimalism took over the hobby. Lovely!

1 Like

I got an absolute truckload of shit today because we were in NYC for the weekend and I had everything held. But I also got a new fear unlocked.

Water, baby. Holy shit I’m really glad this was only the case and no PCB. All good inside. I mean, all the packaging material is soaked, but the board and plate seem fine

10 Likes

WHAT!? No number or email to report this in the event the item inside the box is fubared??? Just a bunch of excuses about how this happens every once in awhile due to the high volume of packages they see. I mean I get that this can & does happen, but you’d think they at least give the info to start filing an insurance claim with them. IIRC first class & priority are insured up to $50 right off the bat, then you can pay a little more to have the the insured amount raised. Reminds of a crude but funny saying, “At least kiss me before you screw me”…

1 Like

Yeah. Wonderful service, right? “We Care” I mean… we don’t care enough to make it right, but hey… “thoughts and prayers”

3 Likes

Where’d you buy this the fucking black market or some shit?

Looks about like it. This is his standard packaging. Looks like it just got really wet along the way so the box practically fell apart. At least they tried to keep the contents intact by bagging it. Thank God it is powder coated steel and FR4 so nothing is going to rust

That is good. Dodged a bullet maybe

A couple days back got my Hiney Purple Nurple 1.2mm CEM PCB that is destined for my Ellipse. I do have 1.2mm TX Rev 3s; I do not have a half plate :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (but I have a plate file).

1 Like

Got this in today - found someone on eBay selling a sealed one for $70 and pounced on it. This normally goes for $280+, even opened. Revan happens to be my favorite character from Star Wars ever since I played KotOR back in the day, so could not pass it up. Stupid limited release Lego items…was part of the May 4th sale back in 2014.

4 Likes

Got BFCM deal keycaps

keycap photos

GMK Watermelon. I waited so long to get a good deal on this and it finally paid off.

Cheap stuff I liked. Couldn’t resist

And 4 boards. Disarray65, HMKB, Eclipse, and the Drop CMST80

keyboard photos

Already testing out some switches for it

This was B stock sale on BFCM. I think this streaking by the engraving on the back is why. Fine by me!

This is the one that came in the waterlogged box.

Eclipse group buy that took waaaaay to long thanks to MKB.eu

But it’s nice.

Was a bit confused what I was getting from Corsair. Oh yeah… they bought Drop.

Plate foam for disarray65 and a Geon trimmer

32GB of RAM

A few hotswap PCBs and storage cases as well. Too much, really.

8 Likes

Got them in yesterday, but didn’t have a chance to post. Got 2 of the large olive colored Cannon Keys cases & 2 of the microfiber towels in for my TKL One & Dolphin. They’re a little pricey, but easily the best keeb cases I have come across. They come with foam that is cut up into multiple sizes so you can make your keeb fit perfectly in the case. They have the inside zipper pull coated in rubber & it comes over far enough to rest on the foam not the board. They have a nice little name tag plate too! Gonna cost me a good bit, but now I plan on getting a bunch more of them to eventually have one for each of my boards that did not come with one. I highly recommend these cases for your higher end keebs!

11 Likes

Well at least it happened to one of the most durable, steel, and well-packaged keyboards this could have happened to! What a nightmare!

2 Likes

I didn’t know they have colors! Yes, they’re very nice cases in my opinion. I appreciate your obvious enthusiasm for a simple but important thing that I also think is great. Describes so many things in keyboard hobby, I guess!

1 Like

I misread that label as, “we slightly regret the damage to your mail” :crazy_face:

2 Likes

My Weikav Record board arrived today - now to just figure out what switches and keycaps are going on it.

7 Likes

HMX swift and cloud switches.

7 Likes

Clickiez + jtk 404!

4 Likes