What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

got the weikav record in the mail yesterday and spent all day playing with it. really nice keyboard for under $100 if you can deal with the crummy software and half decent anodization.

7 Likes

Oh I wondered how the SP packaging was coping with the rebrand. (Slightly unfortunate timing to revamp the packaging shortly before rebranding!) Looks like they are still using up the remaining PMK cardboard sheets, and the newer sets have blank sheets?

Also there are some classic matt3o touches in that kitting, like ANY KEY and an extra row 2 :arrow_up_small:. The SHIFT LOCK and RUN STOP keys are :star_struck:

3 Likes

Neat! What are those marshmallow looking SA keycaps?

2 Likes

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806047069915.html?pdp_npi=4%40dis!USD!US%20%2425.99!US%20%2419.49!!!25.99!19.49!%40211b88f117012024938691736ebb26!12000036394242258!sh!US!0!&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

4 Likes

Looks like QX SA profile, looks neat

I got some Kailh silent linear switches (deep sea pro - linear islet)

The deep sea v3 are by far my favorite stock silent switch. These are definitely in the same realm but with a few changes.

Side by side:

Pros:
Significantly less wobble. Huge improvement over the v3

Slightly better/cleaner sound. Probably comes from less play in the parts/tighter tolerances

Cons:
The new islet switch measured 3.64mm travel. The old v3 were about 3.78

It’s not huge but it definitely feels like a shorter travel switch.

The good news is that it retains the same firm yet quiet bottom out.

A quick teardown shows the housings to be nearly identical, as well as their dampening methods.

But check out this stem. New stem is the clear one with the loooooong pole.

I’m not sure the purpose of the extended stem. It doesn’t appear to make contact with the housing. :man_shrugging:

Perhaps without the dampening in the bottom of the switch the pole makes contact. I need to check that. This could allow for Kailh box switches to have a long pole clacky bottom out. I must admit, I don’t know a lot about the current market for Kailh box.

Another change is that this new “Pro” version also has a much longer spring that bottoms out with slightly less force than the v3 version

I’ll have to get these in a board for the full verdict. Sometimes the slight wobble in a stem can make it feel better when typing, allowing for off center presses to not experience as much friction or binding. Less wobble is not always an improvement for switch feel when typing at normal speed.

7 Likes

Happy to say my last GMK set in GB arrived! Indigo

13 Likes

Foreal. Would like to know as well

Damn the Aliexpress seller not even trying to not call them GMK caps! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Very. A LOT of photos). :face_holding_back_tears:

XINSHUNTIAN G920 Pro

more under the spoiler

Summary

赛博朋克2077Samurai

more under the spoiler

Summary

JTK Error 404

more under the spoiler

Summary

5 Likes

Minipeg48 and Kowgary16 (the nude ones) arrived from Chosfox, along with a dedicated set for the numpad. For scale, the original bancouver40:

6 Likes

Got my set of GMK Yuri in from NK’s BF sale! Really love the look of it in person, the blue on the alphas is much lighter than the DCS Yuri ALPS set I got. Glad I waited on this too, I’ve been eyeing it up since Mike put them on clearance, they were a deal at the clearance price as it stood. For $51 ($62 with taxes & shipping) this was straight steal!

9 Likes

Very. A LOT of photos). :face_holding_back_tears: Again

WuqueStudio MM XHT-BDZ MMswitch Series

Feker 42g Lubed

Summary

Hyacinth V2U

Summary

Molly Tactile Switch

Summary

Blueberry MC Switch

Summary

Macaron Orange S, X45 PCS

Summary

Dark Gray Linen, 398x156 mm

Summary

5 Likes

These sold out pretty darn quick…
Not before I was able to snag one though!

14 Likes

Not in the mail, but I did get this today. A alum Hiney TKL One, WKL, gold color!

This thing is a beast! Super super happy with it! Got 2 PCBs, a ALPS plate, & a MX plate also. So I think this will finally be my endgame ALPS board as I’m gonna use my brown ALPS for the one setup!

13 Likes

Got the rest of my BF/CM haul in today too. A pack of screw in TX AP stabs to give them a try, more Geon springs, & a couple packs of Geon force break pads from Divinikey. The 2 more packs of new Nixies from NK since the price on them was probably the lowest we’ll see til next BF/CM. Really interested in the Geon force break pads, pretty sure they’re adhesive & they’re made to allow the case screws to pass through them so the pads sit at the screw points. Getting kinda sick of using random tapes & switch film leftovers for force break on my boards that need it. These seem like a much cleaner way to do it.

5 Likes

I think I need to try those springs! I recently did some HG Blacks with 60g TX XL springs and enjoyed them, until I started playing the new WoW season. Man, going hard on those can get tiring.

It is really tough to tell what you like cause all it takes is a heavy work day session to change your opinion on a switch.

1 Like

So true, what feels good for some forum surfing or such can end up being fatiguing when you’re using them all day. I’d definitely recommend Geon’s springs too, seems to be the best available right now to me. They got much tighter variances than TX or Spirt springs & they are dead silent in use. He also got a few different lengths & double stage ones so there is a good variety to choose from as well. I’ve been becoming partial to these 18mm single stage ones & would say to give a lighter weight of them a try. With the extra length they don’t have that wimpy feel 60g & lower regular length springs can have, but also don’t get fatiguing to use since you can go lower than your normal preferred weight with them.

Finally, after a long time of searching for them, and thanks to Butre on discord, i have finally managed to get a Board with Katano switches from good ol’ taobao. It even has FAME keycaps, althought missing some of them, but still. The board looks dirty on the shell/case and some of the keycaps because it seems to have been stored quite badly, but i examined it and opened it up and it looked nearly brand new. Unless it has just been cleaned inside and outside prior to sending it, but who does that nowadays? No keycap shine either, they still got their rough texture to them.

4 Likes

What are your plans with this? Recovering the switches or restoring the whole keyboard?

1 Like