Things that make us go... hmmm šŸ¤”

This reminds me of a pristine early 70s Mustang Mach 1 sitting at a small dealership just down the road from me.

(This isnā€™t the numerical car, but the same model and color)

A gorgeous specimen any collector would be delighted to haveā€¦ and yet - itā€™s been sitting there for years. No doubt itā€™s an absolute classic - but there does appear to be a shortage of people willing to pay its ā€œvalueā€ >.>

5 Likes

Milled and polished stone keyboard cases have made it to Aliexpressā€¦ Pity the finish isnā€™t that impressive.

5 Likes

There are commercial products for sealing manufactured quartz countertop material. Although I donā€™t think any will make them look smooth. My guess was they didnā€™t use a really high quality quartz material to start with. We make quartz countertops for one of our product lines at work and near as I can recall that stuff is typically occlusion free. Granite, on the other hand, not so much.

4 Likes

RAMA adds to their odd offerings with a one-size fits all jumpsuit.

Anything but keyboards, right?

7 Likes

Sure seems that way.

1 Like

Kill Bill color flip? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Getting some Bottle Rocket vibes from that jumpsuit. Needs more yellow though.

1 Like

And now behind a password, apparently. Iā€™m going to use my imagination and think that the one size fits all approach means that itā€™s one extremely stretchy size.

3 Likes

Try this one: RW-MAILER-XO-RELEASE-01

I was wondering that too, but I think RAMA went the ā€œyou fit or you donā€™tā€ route based on the materials and size chart:

3 Likes

Love the cult vibes. My favorite RAMA product is the JARS that look suspiciously like the ones you get at the doctorā€™s office for samples.

2 Likes

The smaller jar also looks suspiciously like a contact lens case. Maybe itā€™s secretly a personal care kit?

2 Likes

I have a Rama switch puller. I think thatā€™s enough.

2 Likes

Can someone point me to a review to any of RAMAā€™s non-keyboard items? Because Iā€™m not seeing anyā€¦ I genuinely want to know how these items are outside of pictures.

I love this (despite pangs of better taste) but the seller has 17 followers, 50% rating means I probably wonā€™t be trying this out. Iā€™ve been out of the keyboard game for a while but I wonder if there are interesting things being done, like Keyboardbelle, with basic 60% cases these days.

The Hibi June is an example of something new. Aesthetically itā€™s not the best but has a truly novel feel.

These are nice and novel too.

2 Likes

Shame that most of the colors are sold out but those Kintsugi versions are gorgeous.

1 Like

I asked them on instagram if they ever considered making a TKL and they said they are working on something larger than 60%. I bet itā€™s a 65%, but one can dream.

They constantly produce boards, so there will be new items on their shop periodically.

3 Likes

My only two deskmats are from RAMA.

The very first thing I ordered in this MK hobby was RAMAā€™s Canvas 2 deskmat because I was looking for something that was smaller than the standard 900x400mm mats I saw everywhere else. (Sidebar: I ordered it before I knew what a group buy was and had my first what the everloving eff moment when it took months to ship, but thatā€™s on me.) Itā€™s ok, but it lacked stitching around the edges so after a while it started to fray a bit, which seems like a pretty big downside at the price point plus shipping and the wait.

I also own the Soya MAT because the size fits my desk perfectly and matā€™s tan/beige color does a nice job of blending in with the wood surface of my desk. I donā€™t have much to compare it to, but it had a strong chemical odor for about a month, but itā€™s better now. It has stitched edges and is holding up nicely, so Iā€™m pretty happy with this purchase overall.

I donā€™t own any RAMA bats, chess sets, jumpsuits, desk toys, propeller hats, tube socks, bicycles, pogo sticks, soccer balls, flamethrowers, tunnel boring machines, or whatever else theyā€™ve released.

4 Likes