Keyboard Storage Solutions

For anyone wondering;

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NCV0IU2?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Fits most TKLs and smaller.

Video showing what can fit here:

6 Likes

Earlier this year I snagged a couple of BILLY / OXBERG bookcases with glass doors from IKEA. It’s been nice being able to display my boards in my WFH office without having to worry about dust buildup.

3 Likes

This, this is what I need as a pet owner LOL! Thanks for the link!

1 Like

redecorated the apartment recently and took the opportunity to have a wall cabinet for books, and ahem keyboards. Then to display the boards I just buy some $6 MDF stand that are sturdy as hell.

and there’s an entire section of the cabinet just like this, but completely empty hehehe

8 Likes

that’s a great find

also you would definitely b e asked first to host a mechanical keyboard price is right if the interest ever got that big

Current state of things… sort of.

Not seen here:

• ~10 more keycap sets I need to put into storage containers
  • Switches being worked on, and then placed into containers and labeled.
  • Another two-tier keyboard holder on order to display, well, two more keyboards that will sit on either the top left or right shelf.
  • The Roomba (that’s it’s charging base underneath…) that is running around, sucking up all of the switch springs and tiny screws I drop. :person_facepalming:

10 Likes

I have been using those keycap trays for all my GMK sets, they’re so much nicer than the potato trays. Maybe one day I’ll splurge and put all my other non-GMK sets in those too. Is that what you’ve done?

2 Likes

I’ve been slowly getting JTK trays for all my sets. Not sure if it’s really a feasible thing though as I have so many sets still that need trays & I already spent a few hundred on trays…

1 Like

I have some JTK trays from HSA sets you’re welcome to have free if you’re in the US and willing to pay shipping

3 Likes

If you’re sure you don’t want them I’ll definitely take them! Thanks for the offer! I’ll DM you in a little bit, I’m puppy sitting right now. Thanks again!

1 Like

Domikeys has started selling smaller boxes that stack like Osume sets

I never expected my keycap collection to get this out of hand, but not for n my previous picture is an absurd amount of sets in different sized boxes that makes my OCD itch every time I walked by it, so they ended up in a closet for now. :person_facepalming:

Now, whenever I want to buy another keycap set, I force myself to open that closet and stare at my stack of keycaps waiting on more storage cases to arrive. If I were to leave those keycaps in there, my goldfish brain would forget about them and buy more…

3 Likes

I may also have some JTK trays as well. They are multiple sizes though…

1 Like

If you want to get rid of any I’m your man!

1 Like

haha I think the multiple sizes would bother me too, but it’s probably way better than the assortment of boxes and tattered original packaging.

2 Likes

For my money and available space these can’t be beat for keycap storage.

https://www.cleanitsupply.com/p-64029/advantus-stacker-storage-boxes-hold-400-3-x-5-cards-plastic-clear-avt40307.aspx?pp=cs7pp&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiArrCvBhCNARIsAOkAGcXdCNg0fPOU-bij2kbOXERjr_vcYIjQuyQE4feoITI12Hec-XF5nwQaAjmcEALw_wcB

They are exactly what Omnitype sells as their solution, and they certainly have been mentioned before on this forum (if not this very thread), but it’s been a while I believe.

While they have a small footprint (made to hold 3x5 notecards) they hold quite a bit – easily house a base kit and a few add-on kits. For instance, I was able to squeeze in Bingsu R2’s base, aesthetic, hangul, and spacebar kits into one container (if that’s a helpful visualization). Even if you have to use two of them for a set you’re only out $5.

As the name suggests, they are stackable. Obviously you can see the set through the container, but they are also cheap enough that you don’t have to feel bad about slapping a label/sticker on them if needed. They also fit anywhere you would house them. I have them stacked two high, four stacks deep (in a lengthwise orientation), and four columns wide inside of a shelved cabinet.

While the link I provided is a good price from a reliable vendor (NA vendor), every office supply site that I’ve found them on have different prices for the same product depending on the link you used to navigate there. For instance, if you did an internal search on their site, or used a link from a previous purchase email, you will probably get a higher price. Should you start using these, and need more at any time, search the product via Google and look for the sponsored shopping results – they will typically give you links to the cheaper pricing (I hate this practice, but I still have to navigate it).

2 Likes

https://goo.su/lhjyQ4

I didn’t buy it myself. Since I store my keycaps in a jar)))You have switches in jars. I have keycaps in jars.

4 Likes

My favorite still has got to be pbtfans trays, especially the first tray with the grids for ansi and tsangan. It’s just too bad I feel broke every time I buy them though lol

2 Likes

I keep coming back to drool at this lol epic

Digging this thread up again.
Been contemplating the pbtfans trays for my non GMK sets but those just feel too expensive especially for sets that cost $60 or less
Kind of wondering if I can 3d print something… anyone tinker with 3d printed solutions?

1 Like