Keyboard Storage Solutions

A drawer system like this is perfect. You could even use these for some extra dust protection:

I have one on my desk which houses a board (free of dust) that I can easily rotate with the board that is in use. They can fit smaller bezel TKL’s and under (my Rama U80-A is out of luck).

I showed this picture to my wife. She threatened me with bodily harm if I tried to store keyboards in her tool chest. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Haha, well, I’m of the mind that it’s better to ask forgiveness… Luckily my wife has no interest in the tool chests. :wink:

1 Like

Looks like Rama has something for their upcoming keycaps, looks like a waste of plastic and also really bulky to me tbh but maybe it will be cool?

3 Likes

I have too many keycaps to let empty space be used up by trays. But I can see the appeal of the product for people with less, especially the fact that they are stackable.

It’s the same as switches for me. I’ve not found a better way to store them than baggies. Can’t afford a jar or plastic tub taking up any extra space.

I realize most people don’t have thousands of switches and 300 keycap sets sitting around though. :poop:

3 Likes

Yup, same for me, it just takes up way too much space to keep stuff in anything by baggies

1 Like

300 keycap sets

you got any of them sets for sale?

Part of my switch collection. Each drawer has two compartments, each compartment can hold up to 110 switches. These come from Muji.

17 Likes

That’s nice, then u can have stock in one and modded in the other compartment.

2 Likes

Yep, sometimes I also split them between switches I’ve used in hot-swapped boards vs. new ones :slight_smile:

Do you have a link? The only ones I saw there were these:

I’m in Tokyo so the lineup might be different, but here’s a link to the Japan store page:

1 Like

Thanks! That looks really nice… but it’s not on the US store :frowning:

1 Like

Granted it’s partially a YouTube set, but Wildcat’s shelf is pretty clean:

13 Likes

I’m impressed with that monitor stand. I have one that isn’t very adjustable and lets my monitor list a little bit to the left. Wildcat’s looks seriously heavy duty.

edit: looks like it’s part of the monitor

2 Likes

First thing I noticed too. I saw the cables coming out at the bottom and was like, “oooo”.

it’s a pretty interesting design. LG wanted to get into the stand game I guess:

60hz

:nauseated_face:

In all seriousness, that’s quite the monitor for quite the price.

1 Like

Sorry for the thread necromancy. Lots of good ideas in this thread so I figure why not keep it all in one place.
Just finished cutting the foam for my Pelican case. I have 7 boards, 3 of which have their own case so this size pelican case is perfect for storing the other 4. The weight on this thing filled up is about ~25 lbs.
Luckily all my other incoming GBs come with hardcases as well. I usually only have 1 or 2 on display since I dont need my place to be too keyboard themed, plus I hate dusting.

16 Likes

Looks really fun to build and use.

Do you have a link to the case you used for this project? Curious about cost effectiveness.