Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

SP Dyesub is super expensive. I get why people don’t use it. Smaller market for a $250 set, even though it would be worth it for the truly discerning of us.

Right. Like we already had the “affordable” version of this. Let’s do it right this time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Granted, an American company whose products are made in China so maybe it’s right on theme, lol. Regardless, they do look worse than the XDA set.

Novelkeys’ BF/CM sale looks pretty decent if you’ve had your eyes on anything in particular:

2 Likes

I never bought Cherry Spellbook or Ghostbustin. I might pick them up on this sale :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ive long considered the Olivia NK65 just for the SP DSS Olivia keycaps, but alas I am not in acquiring mode right now.

KeebCats | Custom Mechanical Keyboard Products in the UK

Are having pretty good BF sales, just bought from them TX Stabs and some lubes, Edge also found the code ‘SJDT’ to give 10% off , no idea where it came from though. Search comes up with this YouTube channel if anyone interested.

1 Like

Get some Topre themed stickers @

Use code “blackfriday” for 20% off meme stickers :ninja:

4 Likes

Interesting. I do think XDA works a lot better for Scrabble but then again I hate typing on my XDA Scrabble set so it’s basically decorative.

5 Likes

Just checked: Spellbook and Ghostbustin are not a part of the $50 sale :confused:

1 Like

True, but they are price reduced. Spellbook for $65 is nice.

Also true, $50 off something that is $65 is a little much Lol

Obv. everybody has a sale going on today - but NK’s PBT sets are marked at $50, almost half off. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Another obvious sale day - haven’t seen anything too crazy, except maybe GMK Belafonte is half-off on Drop, $79 for the base kit:

Edit - wow - also MT3 Infinity War (Thanos-ish?) is $30 for the whole shebang:

I got it on BOGO a while back and can tell you I think the colors look better in person - but even if they were hideous, hey, that’s still a thirty dollar MT3 set.

2 Likes

$79 for belafonte is amazing. That set compliments so many boards. Really nice colors in person.

1 Like

Right?

Looks like Inifinity War is back up to $79 (still a big discount), but I just picked up a set of MT3 Cyber for $39 and one of the budget WoB sets for $15.

1 Like

Welp. Kinda had to. I’d had my eye on DCX Cyber and had wanted to give MT3 another shot so 2 for 1, I guess? I wish there was an option for alpha-colored smaller bars but that’s being nit picky.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve had my eye on Belafonte for a long time. I’m a big fan of Wes Anderson, and I also think it’s a nice looking set. I recently joined the Keyboard Club on Drop and my reward this month was a $60 coupon, plus they gave members an additional $15 credit for Black Friday, so I was able to get the Belafonte base kit and novelties for $43 shipped. Of course that meant I had to get another board to put them on, so I’m not entirely sure if I’m saving money or not, but it felt good either way.

2 Likes

So, the Tata80 popped up in my peripheral vision and I can’t find anything about swan gaskets or the keyboard, though I was quite sure I’d read something about it somewhere… :face_with_monocle:

What’s everyone’s thoughts about the idea of interchangeable gasket mechanisms?

Tata80

It’s very deceiving it’s designed to look like his has a brass/copper weight but I think it’s just anodized aluminum to look that way. It is light for a TKL.

I’ve seen similar spring/folding gaskets somewhere before but not that extreme.

1 Like