Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

Yeah I see your point about the weight - the ZoomTKL weighs about double! But I love my Ginkgo65, so thinking this should be nice given that it’s also M-One/Wuque Studio…and I’m intrigued by the swan gaskets - as my colleague used to say: could be good, could be sh**house :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I think it looks nice. Very curious what that mounting system feels like. Is it super springy? Who knows. I don’t ever put high value on weight of a board, but yeah, it’s good to realize that the bottom isn’t truly brass like it appears. Explains the price point.

1 Like

I was wondering if the swan gaskets would rattle…
It does say brass weight on the GB page on Reddit :person_shrugging:

notice it says “internal” brass weight. You only see it from the inside. Which is fine

1 Like

Ah I see…! (It’s almost 5am - not quite as sharp as I’d like to be :woozy_face:)

She’s live

5 Likes

I found an alexotos stream and he says it’s quite bouncy indeed. You can actually see it in the video…I think I’m going to order it and see for myself. Not as many extras and options as the ZoomTKL, but it has more intrigue :star_struck: (and it should arrive more quickly - famous last words, I’m sure)

1 Like

Oh man this is hard to resist.

Me: “I don’t need any TKLs, 65% is perfect for me”

Class80: “About that…”

M SSK: “You sure?”

Me: :no_mouth:

Folks in the US, especially within a few hundred miles of TN or AZ might want to order from mechanicalkeyboards.com, as they have warehouses in those states and tend to ship fast - or at least free, in this case.

3 Likes

Man, I wasn’t going to order one because of the way the switches show. But the price is pretty good. Hmm…

1 Like

Same. But those switches … Idk. That pic you shared highlights my only issue. Hmm indeed.

Pyga gb is live. KBDFans teased this set a good while back, but noted the renders at the time did not accurately reflect the tooling, so I brushed it off for the time being.

Since then, Klein Blue released and I think it came out looking great - so I have renewed interest in its latest sister set:

This is a doubleshot ABS keycap set with opaque warm cream legends surrounded by translucent garnet red - so if you liked the idea of Klein Blue but found it too… blue… this might be worth a look.

All the images on KBDFans’ site are renders, but the IC page on GH has prototype photos like these:

Yep, I think that’s cool as heck, sign me up

3 Likes

Yesterday Geon showed a stream with these keycaps.
In real life, they don’t look like renderings at all. And not so bright red.
Watch his stream before buying.
I initially thought that Piga red is the top, because of the render that I will buy as the current will be. But the blue ones need to look at what is there in real life.
And in the end, blue tops, but not red ones.

2 Likes

I don’t know. I think they look like what I was expecting. I think they’re a deep red color with a bit of brown. I like it a lot. I understand that it’s not a typical color that most people want.

I was almost sold on it. I think they should have gone with white legends.

I agree – I would prefer a lite off-white/cream like GMK CP.

I would probably jump on them as a condolences for missing out on Perestroika.
But the holes you see on all the caps bigger than 1u turns me of eaven tho it will only be shown on the 2u Spacebar for me… :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Do you know if the small spacebars are convex or concave? :grimacing:

They look convex to me based on how the light hits the edges in the kit render, but hard to tell definitively.

Ye, to me they look concave :no_mouth:

The spacebar’s dots are a bit hard to swallow for me as well.

1 Like