Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

Attention all chonker fans, Jacky Studio Hippo coming soon!

11 Likes

NK_ circling back around into the plastic / entry keeb market, this time with a gasket-sock mounting style and 80’s/90’s retro-modern aesthetic. Like its contemporaries in the space, it’s set at a very reasonable price.

I’m all TKL’d up, but I see this being a great option for lots of folks either getting into the hobby or just wanting something inexpensive with solid performance.

10 Likes

White and Black PBS Blanks are in-stock tomorrow:

There doesn’t seem to be any Colemak/Dvorak support unfortunately

6 Likes

Didn’t take me long to place that look, A pretty good RF impression!

12 Likes

I’d be placing the order now if they came in gray, but I’m still thinking of using my laser to do awful things to a set of the “warm white”.

2 Likes

Since you are a notable DIYer I’d wager it might not be too hard for you to dye a white set gray (though I could be wrong about that).

LOL, RIT dye for synthetics (along with a cheap steamer pot) has made its way into my Amazon cart, but I haven’t pulled the trigger. Blanks are all but useless for me as-is (I can almost guarantee you I’m the worst typist here), but it might be nice to squirrel a set away until the right idea presents itself.

4 Likes

:heart_eyes:

For sure! I wish it came in the same color as the Realforce. I’m thinking I like the black one best.

I wish someone would do an SGI granite look-alike as well. This could be a cool case for that

1 Like

:crossed_fingers: Here is hoping they release a model with an EC PCB in the future, cause I would actually be into a OG Realforce topre clone.

1 Like

If it’s something you’re really interested in you could dip into Cipulot’s world and get the measurements on the 8xU PCB. Per NK_'s site this board uses JST/Daughterboard so there should be some compatibility right off the bat.

3 Likes

potato heard rf schemes

1 Like

I completely missed the PBS blanks sale at CannonKeys this afternoon, but seems like they have a few more colors on the way. I don’t think PBS Galaxy or PBS Black on Black had been announced yet:

2 Likes

S68 for $100 is not a bad deal.

3 Likes

Some additional PBS blanks available directly from Keyreative

3 Likes

Saw your reply, added them to my cart, got distracted and now they’re sold out there too. :rofl:

I’ll take that as a sign from the universe to save my money for now.

1 Like

I missed them too, and that’s fine as I am fairly happily in a lull right now until something just nags at my brain that it needs to get made, but something I hadn’t really noticed is just how short they are, almost half a mm shorter than DSA, which is already pretty low. I think these are going to be sort of gently polarizing once they get on people’s boards.

I mentioned this a while ago, but I do hope it prompts more innovation in the unsculpted space after these initial sets.

1 Like

Divinikey has some Daring Run DR-70F extras in stock right now, but they seem to be low amounts and are already selling out. I think I barely managed to snag a wired PCB (said 2 left when I ordered).

Low numbers of the keyboard kit itself are also currently available:

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve been meaning to pick up a sandwich plate :+1:

3 Likes

Sandwich plate and the full-width light bar diffuser were my priorities, but threw a wired hotswap PCB on too since I only have the tri-mode version that doesn’t have VIA/VIAL as an option.

I want a light bar blocker that uses the half-width style:

but extends the full-width like this option:

That’s literally my only complaint on this board other than I chipped the finish like two weeks in by clunking one of my other keyboards against this one… but that’s user error and not Daring Run’s fault. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes