Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

Definitely some color similarity there too. Hah my dad would pause the recording so we didn’t have commercials… nor the first 10 seconds of the movie after every commercial break while we all were yelling “It’s on! Hit record!” :rofl:

6 Likes

I have a deskmat on the way inspired by these :smile:

4 Likes

Would have been so hyped for something closer to this particular design.

4 Likes

I’m kinda digging it. Though I agree with Pixel, the Sony colors would be a bit better.

2 Likes

First Durock V3 stabs, and now Holy Panda V2’s??!!!

Here we go again… :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I like it in general, but I’m not digging this UV sticker trend. I wonder how all of these sets are going to look a year or two from now.

3 Likes

Yeah that is the question. From the sets I got with GMK’s UV printing they seem to be done good, but I have no ideal of the actual durability of them. Would be interested to see what the old Oco sets that had it look like nowadays. Those sets were released over 5 years ago IIRC.

1 Like

Yeah that is the question. From the sets I got with GMK’s UV printing they seem to be done good, but I have no ideal of the actual durability of them. Would be interested to see what the old Oco sets that had it look like nowadays. Those sets were released over 5 years ago IIRC.

Found somebody on Reddit showing the light wear on their Polybius set. Seems like it’s a good sight better than pad printing, but not nearly as good (for durability) as dye-sub.

5 Likes

CK taking pre-orders for their entry in the plastic custom board range:

I’m a little surprised that this is a pre-order shipping in January when Omni and others went in-stock with theirs (iirc). The white one looks very nice to me though, I think it’s another very cool entry into this range of injection molded entry-level boards.

It is pretty funny though, I think the original Sat75 hit right in the massive wave of youtube / influencer fueled fomo, this more widely available version is coming like 5 years after that. Hopefully it does well for them.

4 Likes

They have something going for them with a screen and a knob… It is also pretty cool that if you have an older Sat75, your PCB is compatible.

However there is a lot more competition for injection molded cases these days, and then you have the budget aluminum boards from places like QK that are only a little more pricey.

I am curious like you said on the sell rate of these. It seems like you release them, and then put them on sale occasionally to get some sale spikes. That or introduce some limited edition colors.

1 Like

There is a ton of interest in their Discord. Seems like a well executed plastic version, though I’ve never typed on the original. I hope people outside the hobby attracted by the buzz and the design don’t hit order before they understand the terms.

Some guesses as to why they’re doing more of a typical group buy, albeit with relatively short turnaround: lots of parts to this one; they did Bakeneko Go as more of a preorder/in-stock, and that’s very recent still; they have a lot of board stock lying around for previously run GBs and the Brutal v1s, though several of those are really dwindling now; they took extra time trying to get the injection molding for the blue color up to quality expectations (and had to scuttle it still) so didn’t want to push the order date any further given the ongoing refrain of “Sat 75 wen” requests in the Discord :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Saw this on the Wuque Studio Discord server - transparent Freya, even the PCB and the hot swap sockets are transparent:

13 Likes

Never been a huge fan of totally transparent electronics, but even I have to admit this slaps! Especially the clear PCB, I think it so cool to be able to see all the traces like that.

1 Like

Nailed it

2 Likes

I remember someone talking about their og GMK Griseann set being as good as new after a few years (maybe @Manofinterests ?). Not sure how heavily the set was used, or what the condition is now.

2 Likes

Indeed! Forgot the set was SW as well haha

1 Like

We’ve finally achieved the ultimate RGB dream!

1 Like

Oh wow, that post was made back in July 2022.

On the Discord server, a representative from WS mentioned that if there were enough interest, they may make a limited 200-300 board run, maybe out of acrylic instead of glass.

2 Likes

“Wuque” only showed, but “IPI” made a keyboard.

2 Likes

Dorp having a DCX / MT3 BOGO sale

4 Likes