Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

Flash sale on KKB Signet at Novelkeys for the next hour or so; $75!

They’ve also got Mute Jades back in stock.

5 Likes

Does anyone know if the Swagkey Transition lite has lighting and if so what type? It doesn’t look programmable by key. But maybe a few stock colors?

It’s kind of weird I haven’t been able to find the lighting specs listed anywhere, but a couple YouTube reviews seem to fill in some details.

Transition Lite appears to have per-key RGB, but not sure if that’s programmable:

source

… and it also appears to have backlighting:

source

5 Likes

NovelKeys has MTNU Dolch available for in-stock order at $135. No child kits available, but pretty good coverage on the base kit:

Edit: this will be in-stock not pre-order

6 Likes

There is an international kit, but Oblotzky seems to be the only vendor carrying it.

2 Likes

Just as a heads up - this is in stock and not a preorder!

6 Likes

Save me a set for this wed please!!! :pleading_face: :rofl: Seriously though I do hope it doesn’t sell out before then. Dolch is my jam & I want this to be my first MTNU set. Awesome work as always Mike!

1 Like

We should have enough for that! They are selling pretty well though, but the good news is that we can get more in pretty quick if we need. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Word, so you’ll be restocking this if it sells well? Nice to hear! Hopefully I don’t gotta wait for a restock, but if so it’s cool. If they’re still in stock on wed morning though expect to see an order from me bud! :metal:

3 Likes

Love the in-stock drops. Purchased the first moment it went live. :blush:

4 Likes

Opposite of in-stock, but the combo of me using DCS Alchemy and the possibility of DCS SMRT launched me into a search for more DCS with Gorton legends and DCS Lam Alert/Red Alet groupbuy is live! (I have ClickClack’s site, but there are other vendors too.) It also looks like DCS Dolch (geekhack) and DCS Monodolch might be coming…I’m excited

3 Likes

Edited my post to reflect that it’s in-stock; thanks for the correction. Glad to see any sets as in-stock but especially MTNU. Like @pixelpusher, ordered immediately after realizing it was in-stock!

4 Likes

Well now I know what I want to put on 8bitdo’s c64 board.

2 Likes

Haven’t gotten anything keeb related in a couple years now, but pulled the trigger on this one instantly. Been waiting for a MTNU set that I really jived with. Looking forward to trying the layout =D

4 Likes

Yeah, the per-key RGB isn’t individually programmable unfortunately. It’s the same as most other VIA compatible RGB board with RGB presets you can toggle between. You can change the color via Saturation, change brightness, etc. I’m not much of an RGB enjoyer, but there are some cool presets on here.

Got the board yesterday and built it! Gotta say, super nice for the price. I missed out on the Tiger Lite and I’m glad I did now. After a new set of switches and stabs, this board set me back less than $90! Better pics soon come, but here’s a quick snap for now:

6 Likes

Thanks for confirming that! That’s a nice pairing with the caps. Which set is it? Looks familiar but blanking on the name…

Edit: it’s SW Foundation right?

1 Like

Hmm. Not blockbuster inspired but VHS tape inspired.

Kinda like it. Not amazing but fun and interesting. It might look better, more balanced on a 60% without the function row

Reads more like Kodak film than a VHS tape to me :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

Colors are pretty similar to Kodak VHS tapes:

Kodak_T-120_VHS_cassette_tape

but yeah, was not expecting this direction. Kind of liking it.

5 Likes

Seems like there are a lot more GMK sets coming out that use their printing process (what is it called?) than before. For people who have sets like Polybius, Mictlan, etc, how have those sets been holding up?

6 Likes

I immediately thought of the Sony VHS tapes that my parents had where they would record movies off of TV to watch later…

Commercials and all :joy:

7 Likes