Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

They’re probably thinking “Kay Lube” but it just looks like “Kloob”

1 Like

8 Likes

What about other letters?

7 Likes

Working my way through the alphabet, and was worried that D-Lube was for sure going to remind me SafeSearch is on, but was pleasantly surprised:

3 Likes

6 Likes

I approach color-matching switches to the keyboard like hiding a sack of gold coins under the floorboards: nobody else knows they’re there, but it still makes me smile when I think about it.

I think you’re correct; just noticed the official name on the product is "KLube with a capital ‘L’.

2 Likes

Tony will be waiting for you all to catch up…

7 Likes

Dammit! beat me to it!! :joy:

1 Like

I hadn’t seen these but once I went searching it seems they are in stock at many stores.

I haven’t found a US vendor yet

I wasn’t too impressed with the yellow cap switches I’ve tried, but the color here is enticing.

4 Likes

Oh! @pixelpusher, Gateron sent me one of these when I ordered switches from them a while back!

I took some pics for you for color comparisons against the Turquoise Tealios and Robins. The top housing is greener than the Tealio (obviously, right?) but the stem looks to be almost the same color as the Robin:

The housing is different than that of the Cap Golden Yellows as the LED diffuser slot for the top housing looks to be about 25% deeper into the internal housing switch box, possibly changing the acoustics of the switch entirely.

Factory lubing on the Anniversary switch is light and appears to be applied to the bottom housing stem rails and picked up on the stem. Spring is also very lightly oiled.

Stems appear to be the exact same mold as that of the Golden Cap Yellow V2’s:

Stem wobble is still there, just not as bad as other Gateron switches. I actually liked the Cap Golden Yellows and think that the Cap Stem system is a step in the right direction for them to eliminate stem wobble as well as improve switch sounds. The Anniversary switch sounds slightly sharper than the Cap Yellow, but both feel identical to type on.

7 Likes

Very nice. Nice photos!

2 Likes

Thanks! I picked up a clip-on macro lens for my iPhone so they’re not great, but they are better than the digital zoom I have been subjecting everyone to.

If I start to go down the photography rabbit hole, I may need to start an OnlyFans or something just to support another expensive hobby. :see_no_evil:

Anyone wanna pay for keyboard pics that may also show my hobbit feet? :face_with_peeking_eye::moneybag::moneybag:

1 Like

I saw a new listing by KPrepublic for MMD Princess plate mounted stabilizers and it looks interesting in that it has a different wire lock structure than others I have seen

vs Durock

7 Likes

More FRL TKL love! And <$150 at that!

8 Likes

OwLab v3)
Looks like they just took the idea from them.

5 Likes

It’s a pity that there are gaps in the case between the top and bottom on the side if you look. That the wind is walking, and the rug can be seen through the keyboard ((( :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved:

Topre (EC) all the boards soon !!

QMK NCR80 EC PCB
https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0KxxG4

6 Likes

I’m on mobile and I can’t enlarge it, are those slots for Costar stabilizers?

1 Like

I wonder how well they resist the wire popping-out. Also, they kind of remind me of horizontal bike drop-outs, where the rear wheel connects.

1 Like

yurp lookin like costar

2 Likes