Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

And a carrying case too. Probably not the best case out there, but makes shipping it much easier!

BUT… I bet the switches are upside down with LEDs at the top, right?

1 Like

I think you’re right. That certainly looks like rear-ends of Kailh under them completely opaque dyesub keycaps. WTF Kono.

So it’s a gift board…

3 Likes

I’m sitting here trying to think… what if I got a KDBFans hotswap 65% PBC for it… That’s how crazy I am. But I have a few low profile keyboards like this. So I don’t really need another.

2 Likes

I think I’m going to try installing Holtite sockets in one of them.

Not sure if my hands are steady enough but I’ve had them for years now, it’s about time I try them on something. They’re kind of like Milmax, but sit flush with the board.

3 Likes

Those PCBs are on sale at Divikey, but I don’t treasure the idea of desoldering the original Nightfox PCB to free the case top.

I did snag one Nightfox just for historical/nostalgia value. A reminder of where the hobby was five years ago.

2 Likes

Those PCBs don’t seem to support split-BS and it’s not clear if BlackFox’s integrated plate supports 2U backspace. As to North-facing issue, I’d just use washers on R3+ rows or use Oil Kings.

Ya like green?

4 Likes

Three years later group buy extras are available, lol.

3 Likes

I do like green! I really wish this would have gone for more of a PCB green like it says in the original post. Seems really dark to me

Also really excited about nuclear data R2 happening soon

2 Likes

Micro Center now sells 110 packs of some Cherry switches in-store, and seems to have dethroned Novelkeys as the cheapest source of Cherry MX switches if you are near one ($27.99 for 110, or $0.254/switch at retail)

3-pin MX Brown, 3-pin MX Blue, 3-pin MX Clear, and 3-pin MX Black. They also sell the fancier switches like Ergo Clears at reasonable prices.

4 Likes

I dunno, Divinikey is pretty hard to beat on their Cherry switches… Plus, they sell in packs of 18. :+1::+1:

2 Likes

The drop mystery box is back up. I’m excited to receive mine in… about a month thanks to drops amazing cheap choices for shipping.

(mt3 susuwatari will not be delivered tomorrow)

1 Like

NuPhy has a pair of new MX-compatible switches, polycarb housings and POK stems like the existing pair.

Compared to those, it looks like the new Polaris linear is lighter, while the new Fleeting Gold tactile has a lighter bump but heavier spring.

Interesting to me; these new switches have no descriptions aside from their stats - and the descriptions about the existing ones have been removed.

1 Like

Noticed that the new GMK MTNU sets are doubleshot PBT. Just intrigued by that fact.

I also think their labeling of their ABS sets now as CYL is awkward and unnecessary. I see why they’d want to do that, but yah. Please join me in never using the term :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

In case you needed to balance out your WS Pastel MM Switch components:

Perfect for your John Cena build…

7 Likes

oh my. Dye sub switches.

NGL, if the switch performs well that’s pretty cool. But if the switches suck, it’s kinda lame.

5 Likes

Why, why would Keychron call it “Klube?”

4 Likes

No one tell @ListlessLlama about Glorious’ lube! :shushing_face::shushing_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Hah! I forgot about that one.

Camo for something you generally hardly see, unless you are using (shiny) translucent keycaps; which eventually kills the argument for camouflage…