Glorious GMMK Pro

I gotta say…they’re glorious. I especially like the different knob colours too, nice attention to detail.

1 Like

love that too. I am in flexbatch and hope I can get my hand on a cable and knob as well as pc plate

2 Likes

Even if the quality of the GMMK Pro and its accessories is only okay and not great, Glorious will have a massive competitive advantage over all the other players once they got availability and distribution up to their usual standards – I reckon.

At least I know a lot of electronics engineers and software developers who are willing to throw a respectable chunk of money at cool gadgets anytime but don’t have the patience to find the perfect group buy, follow it, place an order just in time and wait months and years for delivery.

4 Likes

Aye. Even if it’s not for me I think it’s pretty cool they’re making things like choosing brass or polycarb plates accessible to the average consumer.

6 Likes

I love how it sounds, which would be better for linear, brass or pc?..I don’t know what the big difference is

1 Like

You’ll hear this a lot in the hobby because it’s true; it comes down to preference. As for what the differenece is - brass will give a more solid feel and a sharper, higher-pitched sound. PC will flex when you bottom-out; you’ll still feel the impact, but it will have some edge taken off. The sound will be deeper and more muted compared to brass.

In most cases I prefer PC, but if you’re already using something with a soft bottom-out like Gazzew switches, brass can be good to keep it from going too far down the mush path.

6 Likes

Little aside about Gazzew switches and flexy builds. I personally use U4’s on a plateless gasket mount build and, as someone who was an avid HHKB user before I was sucked down the 40’s rabbit hole, I really like the gentler bottom out combined with the silent tactiles.

4 Likes

My stupid brain realized that the import taxes would be pretty steep. So I did an estimate and realized without any of the extras I wanted I would have been welkl ovber 230 Euro just the base board. So I roughly estimated the extras prices and then calculated the import fees and was over 300 euros. At which point I started laughing like a lunatic and then canceled my pre order.
I then went to a store in the EU which actually has the lite 67 on groupbnuy and saved a ton of money for a board I know will be fecking amazing with the same Shipment time.

Also checked stores here having the gmmk pro have priced it at 200 euro no extras. Will be interesting to see if this actually sells like this

3 Likes

I wonder if we’ll get an FR4 plate… I would really be interested in that!

1 Like

Reviews are dropping fast and furiously now.

3 Likes

Most interesting revelation is that the Glorious Pandas now come pre-lubed when you buy them as part of the kit, and the lube is apparently very good.

10 Likes

It is not perfect, but it really is a hell of deal. I were in the market for a nicer beater board this would be it.

3 Likes

Honestly considering one of these as a fuckaround board, see just how good I can force that chassis to sound. Really disappointed in the fact that their gasket mount is more of a dampening sandwich than floaty fun times. I’ve wanted to try and affordable gasket ever since the MEME was rolling around.

5 Likes

Betty’s review was interesting. Sounds like she got a lot of shit for her unboxing with the Glorious team…

Kind of a bummer to hear that she doesn’t feel like she can share her true feelings without people having some sort of shitty clap-back.

1 Like

for me @TaehaTypes really summed it up when he said for some people the brand will get in the way.
Also his point about that layout in general not being that appealing.
What do people even do with dedicated function keys??? /s

3 Likes

The whole stab-cutouts in plate too tight deal seems like a giant oversight, as well as the over-compressed gaskets. What’s the deal here? :thinking:

1 Like

This and the knob too but seriously lol

1 Like

Press F5 for quicksave!

2 Likes

Oh yeah and alt + f4. Can’t rage quit without it.

5 Likes