What is on your desk today?

Light was pretty. Haven’t done a new build in a long time. Been relatively happy with my U80 and Sequence65. Might get in on the type-k that’s soon to be in GB that I had been following for years now.

11 Likes

Mix and match remix on command 65 with GMK Nautilus mods, Leopold ash yellow alphas.

10 Likes

I wish I had gotten in on this GB.

White keyboard and the Barbie pink tool.

2 Likes

HHKB feeling good in the sun

6 Likes

After seeing Neprawda’s Spring clone I search around the internets and found one for myself.

Moar Photos

I really wanted an actual Owlab Spring the first time I saw one and always thought a PC or acrylic one would be cool and I got really excited when I saw this board. It’s definitely not the same quality as the real Spring, obviously, but it’s not bad for around $100.

14 Likes

Any more info on that one? Love the look

If you’re asking about the Spring clone:

1 Like

The Spring keyboard theme is very popular in China.
Except for the clone corps. They also made PSB boards. For clones.
In the topic of one, I here showed both the original PSB board and its clone, and also a clone where there is rgb from all sides.

There are so many clones in China that there are already several types of aluminum cases. Aluminum clone body like the original. There is an aluminum case, but the design of the bottom and weight is different.
Acrylic clone body versions are also plentiful. There is also an acrylic stack case without weight, there is with weight. There is a cast acrylic body without weight and with weight.
There was also a PC version, but it was some kind of limited edition with a small amount.

5 Likes

Finally got around to cleaning up my MX 11800 & it cleaned up beautifully! Magic eraser took all the scuffs off the case & the track ball is working great after a quick cleaning! Threw Olive on it cause it seemed like the best match I had for it other than my beige sets.

13 Likes

That RGB works great with the keycaps! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Acrylic with a weight you say? :thinking:

Finally my bespoke board completed - true endgame reached.

8 Likes

I said it before: It is such a pity these keyboards do not feature dedicated Del and Fn keys, apart from the PgUp and PgDn.

I am still awaiting a cross between Magicforce68 and Alice style layout…

1 Like

Tested Vertex One V1 in a full board finally.

My initial impression was switch made out of cheap plastic but interesting stem feel.

I was surprised by how pleasantly their cheap sound was to hear while typing. It sounds like cardboard or tapping on false bottom. It’s not just hollow but unexpected hollowness, like tapping a long a wall and finding a secret room. Needless to say, bizarrely pleasant.

It’s spring+stem combo is also weird, feeling more like sliding on cloud.than typical buttery feel.

All in all, a fun switch to have around. Yeah, yeah. I was wrong.

UPDATE: I remember a GB for a paper-themed keyset a few years ago. This switch would’ve a good match for that.

4 Likes

Have you ever tried JWICK switches? I feel the same way about them. Pleasantly hollow sound.

3 Likes

I bought a keyboard with VIA firmware.
And I use it 100%.
Why else buy :grinning: :grinning:
I am left-handed, but in the days of the “Soviet Union” there were people who believed that everyone should be like everyone else. Therefore, at school then I was forced to write and do everything with my right hand. BUT I eventually became an ambidexter. And the keyboard in principle is made by right-handers for right-handers.
As soon as I bought a keyboard with VIA, I immediately made layers for my left hand)

Summary

1 Like

JWICK makes the Vertex V1s, but a completely different mold than their budget linears:

2 Likes

I did try JWICK and did recognize its ‘hollowness’ but it wasn’t as pleasing as Vertex One V1. I’m going to try swapping switch parts to see if it’s the spring.

Did you use lubed or unlubed Vertex switches? Mine came lubed and I attributed that to the difference in sound between the vertex and the JWICK.