What did you order or think about ordering?

I got the Keebox one which came out just before Vortex version which I think is a lot better in quality and design.

1 Like

Just ordered a bunch of SA Metaverse from drop. Not a fan of drop but I kinda love every photo I’ve ever seen of metaverse on a keyboard. They also have SA Green Screen up again if that’s your taste.

2 Likes

Thought about ordering Gateron Lunar Probe from Keebhut (on sale at $5.20 for 10) but, after trying MMD Vivian with same 3.6mm key travel, I decided to wait for another switch with same dual rail but longer key travel. For bonus points, use POK for housing or stem.

4 Likes

I do feel like people who dislike shorter travel won’t like the lunar probe. The unique feel and sound is still novel to me. It’s likely the biggest bottom out switch on the market. It’s the opposite of a long pole clack. Full stem thwamp?I love the sound and feel. If they made a full travel version I’d buy it in an instant.

4 Likes

I ordered three cool deskmats from qwertykey for the Whitefox Eclipse review. I hope they will match the white case. Given the shop is on the opposite side of the boarder, there’s a chance they will arrive in time before I publish the write-up. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I broke down and ordered some more keycaps sets from Signature Plastics.

They are quickly running out of some kits and 7u spacebars in particular for several of their sets.

And their future is uncertain.

5 Likes

Had a pretty wild day with what I ordered today. I ended up somehow managing to win two Nightcaps raffles today! I won 2 caps in their Consecrated Snowfield blind bag raffle they had up on IG last night. Then I also won the Fugu + Moonblank from this week’s ETFXXVI raffle they had up on reddit today! Since Nightcaps/ETF is my favorite artisan I’m pumped about it to say the least LOL! Although I’ll only be keeping one cap from the Consecrated Snowfield win. I told a friend he can split the win with me if he wants the cap I like less out of two.

Then I finally broke down & joined the Dorp keycap club. I’m a big fan of DCX & plan on buying more of the colorways they already got. Then the fact they’re willing to work with outside designers make me think we’ll be seeing some really nice DCX sets in the future that aren’t colorways that already exist. So I’m thinking it’ll worth it for me now. I got a $50 off code for my first one & had $10 worth of credit from that points system they have. So I ordered DCX WoB for $32.27 total since I’ve been wanting that for awhile.

I also had to go grab some new steel toed shoes, painter’s whites (pants), & new belt earlier too. So today was a just a little more expensive than I planning on it being! :rofl:

5 Likes

Just ordered a bunch of SA Carbon child kits and MT3 spacebar kits that are on discount.

SA Carbon - last night an idea came up to me, that I should replace the stock Godspeed Alpha with Carbon Dual Alpha to as I prefer alphas with multiple legends. Next is to get all the SA sets that have additional legends on alpha keys - I now have PETSCII from Retro, ASCII from Oblivion, Cyrillic from Carbon, next on the list will be Symbiosis (?) from Spectra, Katakana from Metaverse and 8010 - any other legends/set that I miss?

MT3 spacebars - Fairlane and 9009 kits are heavily discounted at just 5usd with all the sizes, why the heck not LOL

4 Likes

you forgot SA Sail with legends from the keyboard that preceded the cadet keyboard
do get 8010, it is a beautiful set with unique legends as is Sail

3 Likes

Great call on Sail! I did miss that. So Sail and 8010 are the ones to hunt down next. In between the last post and now I’ve secured Carbon Dual Alpha for Cyrillic and Symbiosis Alpha hehe

1 Like

Silent assassin has dual alphas.

5 Likes

True, but it’s also ASCII just like Oblivion and I only need 1 legend each, don’t want multiple sets of ASCII or Katakana etc. Sure the corner legends are nice IMO but I’m trying to avoid those China-exclusive GBs, not worth the effort I suppose

2 Likes

Ordered a custom XMI keyset from 21KB with following settings:

• Standard beige/gray combo base colors
  • Cadet design
  • Blue legends
  • Light Blue or Gray sub-legends

Initially ordered with Light Blue sub-legends before realizing Blue/Gray combo may fit Space Cadet design better. So I sent off a change request. Both should work. :crossed_fingers: You can see the Blue/Light Blue combo below.

Included 2 sets of Relegendables in the order.

UPDATE: Touched up above to show what the gray sublegend version would look like. Better I think.

Cadetified! “Legendary Cadet” keyset! Resistance is futile.

UPDATE: In hindsight, I think reversing the color combo may look better overall. As is, alphas look fine but modifiers and function keys don’t have sublegends and bright blue legends stands out too much and clashes with beige background. With colors reversed, gray color legends will work much better.

7 Likes

Just bought a Klippe S and Sirius 60 off mechmarket. Hope those are good buys…

6 Likes

to continue this trail of replies, I’ve just copped for SA 8010 Alpha + TKL from Monokei. I thought I could only get the set from used market but apparently Monokei has the set in-stock. Now the last piece of the puzzle is SA Sail :pray:

5 Likes

I love a good in-stock board, but still on the fence about this one. Retro Apple vibe is strong in this one. Reminds me of M0llY with a southpaw option.

3 Likes

I’ve been eyeing this one up too! In stock & priced really well, definitely tempting for sure!

1 Like

That silver one is a looker.

2 Likes

Finally, now that they’ve been sent out i can post about them. I won 2 auctions for some neat vintage keyboards. Both appear to be either NOS and NIB, or just very, very lightly used with only a little bit of dust from storage or something. One Datalux/Televideo Spacesaver with MEI switches, which i’m quite hyped about. I’ve been wanting to get my hands on a board with MEI switches for ages, and finally the opportunity has come. For quite the deal too.
And one with white Space Invaders, which i already have in a different board, and sadly also with Keycaps in a layout i don’t really need or want. But maybe it will allow for some trades in the future, who knows. I’d still love to get my hands on a set of Keycaps for space invaders that would allow for an HHKB 60% build.

3 Likes

Got the Klippe S and Sirius60 and threw some caps on. I’m decidedly not a fan of SA profile, but the POM case is really cool and I’m really digging the thick bezels on the Klippe.
My Klippe T pings like crazy and I can’t stand it, the S does not. Am happy.

4 Likes