Things that make us go... hmmm šŸ¤”

Just a Boba U4 on my sneakbox AVA. Iā€™ll have to contact Drop and see what they say. This DCX set honestly surprised me with how nice it is until now except for the font being a bit comic sans ish (and all the junk with it being ā€œMT2ā€ before it was renamed).

1 Like

Sounds like the perfect time to get it documented

2 Likes

Got super lazy to hand wash my BoW (ePBT x GoK) keycaps and a wash was long overdue, so I thoughtā€¦ hmmā€¦ I wonder if I can just toss my keycaps in the washing machine?

I then came across this thread: Washing keycaps in the washing machine - deskthority

Tossed the keycaps in a small meshy bag meant for clothes, threw in a detergent pod, set to X-Small load, coldest temps, and wash on delicateā€¦ and it came out nice and clean! No noticeable damage whatsoever and saved a bunch of time. Let them airdry on a T-shirt and they were ready for use an hour later.

Would recommend for the fellow lazies. I still have yet to try an GMK set though lol. That may be next

5 Likes

Nice! I will have to try this one. A bowl of warm water with denture tabs is my quick go too.

2 Likes

surprised i havenā€™t seen the wolf king hockey puck here yet WOLF KING Warrior XXtreme Black Wired Keyboard ...

5 Likes

I posted something like this a couple years back Things that make us go... hmmm - #72 by Reimu64
Yes, I still hate it. And for some reason, they arenā€™t cheap whenever I see one go on sale.

2 Likes

Itā€™s like someone took the scrabble letters and just randomly tossed them on the ground then bunched them into two circles. That layout is beyond cursed.

4 Likes

the worst part is that they sell the hockey puck thing in like, half the boards they make; i also found a separate hockey puck and a board that was half normal and half hockey puck

1 Like

This thing makes me think of the song Be Creative! from Donā€™t Hug Me Iā€™m Scared

3 Likes

My favorite is the triangle ā€œFā€ key. Itā€™s like half a Scrabble tile.

1 Like

I just realized theyā€™ve got F on both sides?!

My favorites are K, O, and B on the left side.

2 Likes

this looks like the most applicable use-case might be games or video editing, depending on whatever you can do with that puck. WASD being so prominent suits most first person shooters. Still have no idea what the duplication is for, though. The more I look at the WOLF KING the more I find it intensely disturbing. Good work, Wolf King. I would love to try it.

1 Like

Keytars are so 80s!

How about those extra large Z, X, C keys!?

1 Like

10 years too late, but better late than never. Tai Hao finally making base kits with more than 104 keysā€¦

5 Likes

The pricing on this is absolutely wild, it even includes a steel weight. I canā€™t imagine what the poor laborers are being paid to make this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/13ir4ii/ic_choice65_120usd_full_cnc_case_consistent/

4 Likes

Iā€™m sorryā€¦

1 Like

The Reddit post has been removedā€¦maybe it was too good to be true?

1 Like

I am curious about that. Letā€™s play: minor rule violation or seriously sus

Looks to be a Velocifire thing (theyā€™re the vendor, anyway) - at very least an established name. Theyā€™ve made cheap pre-builts, a few customs, and have a discord where they recently announced this keeb - here it is on their site:

2 Likes

Maybe rule violation if they didnā€™t disclose they were a vendor? Iā€™m assuming vendors canā€™t just advertise.

2 Likes