The Phoenix Project No 1, a PCB replacement for the RAMA M65-A keyboard (now open source !)

Thank you very for sharing those pictures @zanduby !

It is so nice to see your M65-A board working again, I am very happy about that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Rico, do you have any boards left?

1 Like

Yes I still have full plates and PCBs available!

DM me if you are interested:)

1 Like

Hey mate I’m not sure how to DM you bc I just made this account but i’m very interested in a hotswappable pcb for my m65-a. Do you have any available still?

1 Like

Hello @Baskinllama,

I unfortunately have only solderable PCBs on hand.
But I still have plenty of solder PCBs (and full plates) if you hare wiling to do some soldering job (it is not that complicated).

thanks for the response, i’m just looking for a hotswappable one. ill look into the vendor website from your original post

I don’t remember having posted M65 A PCB vendor links here, sorry.
But still, curious to know what this link would be :wink:

Hello all,

Someone who purchased one of my solder PCBs discovered that keys for split backspace configuration are misplaced.
This is a stupid error on my side and I will soon make a fix on the Git repository.

For people that have purchased Solder PCBs from me, if you plan to use this slit backscape configuration, please DM me so that I can deal with this issue with you.

For people still interested in purchasing a PCB, please be aware of this error in Rev2 of solder PCB.
If you don’t intend to use split backspace configuration the current Rev2 is working perfectly fine though.

2 Likes

The Github repository is updated with a Revision 2.1 of Type S PCB.
This fixes the bad placement of split backspace keys.

Not to be that person, but it looks like I found a PCB that will work with the original Aluminum plates, but not the new ones here. (See pics).

The Polarity Works BT65 which is a ZMK board that supports underglow and battery. There is a Vial-like configurator coming soon for ZMK, but that won’t be for another month or so.

The BT65 board isn’t very available and the fit is TIGHT (see) but centered as it supports older boards like the TADA68 of which our PCB’s were based on.

This is such a run of luck and the spacing allows for some rubber gaskets. Sadly though, it doesn’t support dual 1.5u bottom row on the right. :face_exhaling:

Still, for those who need something that “might just work”, this is an option.

Now, I just need to design a replacement bottom to have two! Also, my kids were super awesome today and dropped my Space Gray top from my desk to the tile below, denting my top corners. 7 years of no significant damage and it took 10min of something being on my desk for my kids to wreck it. Gotta love toddlers!

2 Likes

Fit check with BT65 and OG alu plate.

This also allows for an encoder.

When I say tight, I mean it. This is so tight you might question the fit.

2 Likes