The Phoenix Project No 1, a PCB replacement for the RAMA M65-A keyboard (now open source !)

I’m still hoping to get another solder PCB and 1/2 plate at some point. Still trolling mechmarket for a discounted M65-a… maybe even one with imperfections that I could get powdercoated :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ordered half plates and soldered PCB :wink:
I’ll tell you if everything works nice.

1 Like

I love power coat finish, and with specialty coats like wrinkle this easily hide scratches you may have.
This is a good idea!

1 Like

I guess this is M65-A exclusive and won’t work on the later M65-B model?
Would be really nice to have the 1.5, 1.5, 7, 1.5, 1.5 bottom row on it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like the M65-B PCB is a different beast so no compatibility unfortunately.

Just received the assembled Phoenix Project No 1 Type S PCBs and the FR4 half plate, 5 of each.

Need to test if everything works as intended now.

2 Likes

A bit of news about the Type S PCBs.

They are all working great, but I had to make some small surgery on them to fix a weird issue.
This was very strange as previously ordered Type H were running without any issue.

When I ordered the Type S, the fuse I had inially selected in my design was out of stock, so I picked another reference that I supposed would fit nicely … and it happened that it was not the case: I had totally unstable LED backlight.
It also killed a few LEDs in the process :frowning:

So I did replaced fuses with a beefy one and also replaced the fews LEDs that took a hit due to the bad fuses used. It is very easy to do with a hot air soldering station :stuck_out_tongue:

Now all 5 PCBs are running as they should and pases the RGB LED tests !

And for people wanting to order the PCBs themselves, as long as you stick with the component references that I listed in the BOM, they should work fine with and with the correct fuse reference.

So for people interested, I now have in my possession:

• 5 Type S (solder) PCB.
  • 3 FR4 full plates.
  • 5 FR4 half plates.

See you !

2 Likes

Awesome! Great to hear despite the slight hiccup!

1 Like

Forever grateful to for this board being revived. Was my first “grail” level board and the resurrection with upgrades is better than ever.

2 Likes

I’m not a photographer so sorry for the potato quality. Somehow still get bad pictures weird phones these days

1 Like

Happy you posted it, nice to see it work again!

Rico, thanks so much for your work on this - wondering if you still have one of the solder sets available? I could really use it to revive my board!

Hey !

Yes I have 2 PCBs (one of them may find an owner soon).
And also have plenty of half plates.

PM me if you want to discuss more in detail;)

1 Like

Hey again! Happy to see things are moving along!
If you have any of those ISO compatible boards left I’d love to chat about it. I have no idea how to send PMs on this site though :thinking:

Hello!

Unfortunately, the last 2 PCB are about to find an owner.

But it looks like a few people like you are still interested in having one, if enough people are willing to get one I may purchase a small batch for you all.

1 Like

Hello! I would like to express interest in purchasing a PCB as well!

1 Like

I should maybe do a poll or a mini IC to gauge such interest ?
Tell me what you think!

Not sure. I have the V1 soldered in the V1 plate but I’d really like to solder into the newest 1/2 plate. So I would be down for 1 solder and 1 1/2 plate

1 Like

Ok!

Ideally I’d prefer to order like 10 solder PCB and 10 full plate. This would allow me to propose a reasonable price for everyone and not sell at a loss.

Dunno if 10 people would be interested though…

This PCB will also work for the original Noxary 268 keyboard, which has the same layout options and USB-mini port. The LZ cls MS also has the same PCB, but I think that one might have room for a usb-c port. Still, it would work in that board. I own both of them. I hadn’t even thought about the Noxary board. Hotswap on that one might be really nice. I’ll have to check bottom clearance.

1 Like