Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

I just got mine in from Kono yesterday. They’re nice. Imagine a Momoka Frog and TTC linear had a baby. Definitely heavy. The blue (67g) are heavier than Kailh Blacks. I’ll bet that most people would prefer the weighting of the pink (45g). That’s probably going to be in the ballpark of a Gateron yellow in reality.

I’m keeping the heavy spring in just for some variety. If I didn’t own a million other boards, I would have to swap it out for something lighter.

1 Like

Clearance sale at Kinetic. KS3 Gat Yellows 13.69 for 70.

https://kineticlabs.com/clearance

4 Likes

Same. I was hoping to get Dracula base + highlight. I put both in my cart and then got an error that the base kit was out of stock. At that point I decided it was a sign and didn’t want to fight it.

Horus Hieroglyphic Spacebar and ESC Key I have the urge to buy this to put on my aaru (as well as getting new keycaps since gmk blue samurai is shining like crazy)

Any interesting characteristics to the springs? Other than heavier than advertised. Are they slow springs? Multistage?

1 Like

Yes, they are two-stage springs. I think the lighter version might be really good. These are simply too heavy.

They are low wobble like a TTC linear but with a good lubed sound similar to a Frog switch. A tad clacky since they are polycarbonate, but better sounding than something like a standard JWK. They might even sound better than the TTC Matrix linear. Very smooth. Nothing revolutionary, but a good contender for being used stock.

4 Likes

Mojo68 “Plastic” is in-stock now on MelGeek, and the matching MojoPad is up for pre-sale.

3 Likes

Getting early iMac vibes from the pad.

2 Likes

Workin’ it!

7 Likes

The two stage spring prevented me from swapping them simply because I felt bad doing it and thought it may lose some of the character in the process. I think that’s why I’m still toying with getting the lighter versions. Are you thinking you’ll leave yours as-is?

I had the same thought. I was going to just leave them because they are unique. I would love to try the pink though. If I do change them, I’ll probably use some Prevail long springs in a lighter weight to keep that unique feel. Still unsure. I’m typing on them now and I feel like I’ve almost gotten used to the heavier weight after using them for two days.

The spacebar lol

patrick-star-spongebob

5 Likes

Krytox 206g0 is now available on Divinikey

4 Likes

I really can’t recommend it, or at least not on the plastic to plastic sides, way too “sticky” for a smooth stab.

2 Likes

Yeah, it even says on the product page that it’s for stabilizers. Not sure why they call it “switch” lubricant.

2 Likes

I was just watching this video, then the keyboard at 4:10 caught my eye. It’s a southpaw fullsize but not the Southpaw Fullsize, and not the Hex.6C either. A quick breeze through the comments brought me to the Kangaroo Left Handed 108.

This madman had Salvun CNC a fullsize keyboard out of solid brass. And Tae has it. The IC runner said “currently out for build and review with a mate” so I guess we can expect a video on that soonish :smiley:

1 Like

That is a total beauty of a board.

Lately, I’ve been using my 23u on the left side…and I’m like 80% sure I’m a left-hand numpad convert.

:olive:

Nolives are in stock if anybody wants some green Creams. These use the same updated molds debuted with the blue Launch ones.

2 Likes

I was interested in this set. Then I saw it on @alexotos stream the other day. It still looks cool but the alignment of the alphas and the binary was all over the place on some of the keys. Then I read the quality standards, and it seemed like his alphas were acceptable.

The set overall looks great, and I am sure many will love it, but I know the misaligned alphas would drive me bonkers. Which is sad because I really like the unique look of it.

2 Likes

That is tempting. I have a moss coloured board coming in and was thinking of trying creams on it. These would match. Not that I would ever see them, but nice to know in my head that they match. Thanks.