Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

I was on Etsy looking for who knows what, when I stumbled on this. A bust and two shoulders across three keys has a fairly convincing look. This is the kind of kitsch I can really appreciate. Now if they’d just do a Zaku or something.

Pretty sure these are more common in the Asian market right now, the place on Etsy is out of Guangdong, China. Not for cheap though.

5 Likes

One of the things that I have been (somewhat) annoyed with is Key Cap storage. I hate having to sort through boxes to find the caps that I want… So, when I saw this I thought it looked interesting:

I like they way they stack, and being clear it should be easier to identify the key cap set I’m looking for.

I could be wrong, but these look like they’re the JTK ones (especially with the two sizes they offer). I didn’t look closely at pricing, but if you’re in the U.S., you should be able to find these locally if you don’t want to pay int’l shipping.

And something else interesting: I knew of the Feker IK75 before… But I didn’t know there are three versions: the IK75, IK75 Pro, and the IK75 QMK:

Is this a first? A Chinese main-stream company releasing a keeb that supports QMK / VIA?

Interesting. I’ve looked around occasionally/ casually while browsing some of the keeb sites, and hadn’t seen a decent storage solution… But I’ll have a search for the JTK ones.

They’re usually stocked on Drop, mkultra, and Divinikeys. Those are the ones I know of, but there could be others.

Also, there’s a new ‘medium’ size coming (it’s on pre-order right now) that should be a Goldilocks size.

TaeKeyboards is still one of my favorite keyboard YT peeps. If y’all just want to chill out for a bit while still indulging your inner keyboard nerd, have a watch—

5 Likes

Those are probably made by some OEM and branded with whoever selling them, like the GK61 or the 65% with the knob.

Some versions are made different but the parts are identical, one that comes to mind is the BM65 by KPRepublic and NJ68.

Not something uncommon from what I’ve seen.

GMK Beta & JS extras still in stock

5 Likes

I know that Feker is their own company, not just a re-branded OEM item. I have about 8 of their keyboards here (particularly different versions of the Dopokey and Mengmoda), and all of the have PCB’s that are designed / manufactured by them.

The one thing that they do outsource is their firmware. Typically they’ve worked with a supplier named Wings Tech. So, having a version of one of their keyboards with QMK suggests either (a) Wings Tech or another firmware supplier has started producing QMK based firmware, or (b) Feker has brought some (or all?) of their firmware production in-house.

If you can’t tell, I know a bit about Feker’s keyboards, mostly because of the Dopokey and Mengmoda, which are the nicest 71-key layout keyboards I’ve been able to find so far, and surprising for this quality not the most expensive. :wink:

2 Likes

I thought those were sold out! Picked up the JS kit for my Heavy Grail - now to just find the appropriate 6u spacebar…

1 Like

Despite all the beige sets in the world, it’s wild how difficult it is to find an L9 6U…haha

Godspeed friend.

3 Likes

Honestly GL finding any sized L9 GMK spacebar, unless you get lucky & find someone who will part with one from a more recent set that used that color. OG & older GMK won’t work as they are both slightly off the current L9 IME.

Well, this looks fun:

It’s a little five-key macro pad - but two of the switches are the big Outemu ones (sized between normal switches and the Kailh / Ajazz giant switches).

7 Likes

Omnitype is having a vault sale tomorrow, during which I’ll unfortunately be in an in-person work training :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

MT3 Godspeed Keycap Set relaunches

2 Likes

WHEN WHERE HOW MUCH WHO CARES ILL BUY JUST TAKE MY MONEY!

But seriously, yes.

1 Like

This is all the info that’s out rn: It’s shipping in June, has updated kits, and it’s ABS.

Edit: I wrote this early in the morning. I also am excited for MT3 Godspeed in ABS :slight_smile:

1 Like

qPBT Terminal is going to be in stock this week. Looks like a fun set!

Curious about qPBT quality, feel, etc. If anyone gets this, do share thoughts, please :slight_smile:

PS, the designer (mvkb) has some neat keycaps designs in the works:

5 Likes

These sold out super quick. Probably a good thing for me, was on the fence on MODO light