Interesting Finds & Heads-Ups

Yeah I loaded up on another 216 nixies. Get them while they’re cheap!

Sneak peek at GMK Deepfield on instagram today, first limited set to be run by The Key Machine. (250 sets)

I do like it, but I own a set of alphas that look quite similar. Hmmm :thinking:

Looks like white on deep emerald green with bright blue cadet secondary alphas (these would have to be printed, right? GMK doesn’t do triple shot for the blue to be injected?) with black (possibly deep gray like N9?) modifiers and accents of deep navy, deep brown, and deep violet. Nifty

I’ve always like that bright yellow-green like in 3-run

Mom, can we have GMK Deepfield?

No, we have Deepfield at home…

:rofl::rofl:

Okay it might have been more acceptable if I had 3run for the accents. But this makes me appreciate the set more. Those colors are hard to finesse and make work together.

My version looks like garbage.

6 Likes

I like it. Would go with many boards, too.

1 Like

So you can be certain it’s genuine and not a clone.

2 Likes

MM Studio back with another mega-chonk Class series board, this time called the Class 0413, being inspired by the Cherry G80-0413 and G80-0537.

I’m a fan of the existing Class boards, and I honestly love that they decided to go with an even bigger form-factor this time around.

Hawt

5 Likes

Yo. Looks like Gateron has a 4.0mm full travel silent linear.

Silencing pads in the top and bottom housing like Kailh does. Dual rail slider.

If it’s really 4mm, this might be the best silent switch out there. I have doubts :slight_smile: I’m guessing it’s more like 3.5-3.7mm. We shall see!

Last time I ordered the smoothie, dual rail, and melodic switches directly from Gateron. It was fairly quick, but I’ll wait for US vendors for this one.

6 Likes

Looking forward to this one! really hoping this is actually 4.0mm travel

2 Likes

I guess it’s possible that they have a separate “dual rail” design for these, but it seems unlikely. I bet they made the dual rail for this silent design (less material needed in the bottom and top b/c the rails are smaller and quieter), and someone realized the dual rail sounded nice without silencing as well (in a normal housing). But, oh man, these sure look like they could take on my frankenswitch MX zilents for a top contender.

1 Like

Upas about to Twitch stream Altair build with ai03 on voice at 9:30 Eastern.

1 Like

I reached out to Tai-Hao after seeing some pics of these nice low-pro caps. TLDR; It turned out these are called THT, a complete family of uniform, cylindical caps. Profile wise similar to MoErgo’s MCC, but with both MX and Choc stem options, PBT and ABS variants, blank and double-shot with translucent legends, full-size layout support in the plans. Blank 1Us available in a few weeks:

4 Likes

Probably already posted somewhere, but very interesting to see GMK add these molds to their Doubleshot repertoire.

5 Likes

Looking forward to some brightly colored sets with these. I think they have a sleek feel that would work well with loud colors.

3 Likes

That’s exciting - glad to see Gateron leaving behind their kinda derped Cherry style dampeners (never sat quite right in their own housings). Their switches are so good these days - now it looks like their silents will be on-par.

1 Like

This was unexpected but welcome. I am on Biip’s Discord server for some reason but I haven’t been checking in a while.

I would guess (though perhaps I’m being prejudiced) that earlier 2048 sets did not license the Univers font, I think GMK likely would though maybe the cost is negligible.

edit: would be expensive but I’d love to see a mock-up of dark mods with light alphas.

4 Likes

Anyone have a photo of the stem on these?

Is the “leaf spring” cutout like the ones on iceberg silent switches perhaps?

Spec sheet says 3.3mm but Bolsa lists it at 3.9mm

1 Like

@Unlit matt3o posted pictures of PBS profile samples he received back in december on discord

Keyreative posted pictures of molds mid January

6 Likes

Would have loved to see some Skull Squadron novelties in those samples.

1 Like
7 Likes

DUROCK Ice King Linear Switches 2024

Key benefits:

*2024 DUROCK Ice King Switches are with Premium Transparent Clear materials combination and Long Progressive Springs which brings a different performance.

*DUROCK Ice King Linear Switch is the same precision molds after the Black Lotus Switch, offering smoother feel and minimum housing and stem wobble.

*Ice King Switches are with Polymer Nylon Materials for Housings, modified Transparent Polyamide for Stem. Special longer pole stem brings a deeper sound than Black Lotus switch.

*PCB Mount - Linear | 3.5mm Total Travel | 2mm Pre-travel | 5 Pins | 62g Bottom Out | 52g Actuation | Factory Pre-Lubed | 60 million operations.

*DUROCK Ice King Linear Switches is Cherry MX Style Mechanical Keyboard Switches, with Removable Light Column. LED styles - SMD and Through-hole.

4 Likes

zFrontier February stock included three killer SP key sets. SA Fledgling, SA Geoma, and DCS Guardian.

For folks that can afford SP not on sale, which isn’t me at the moment :rofl:

https://en.zfrontier.com/collections/inventory-release-feb-2024

3 Likes