Glorious GMMK Pro

Switch and Click is fine but I would have invited more keyboard channels as well. RFP, Bad Seed Tech, TaeKeyboards all come to mind as to me they do a good job explaining how the board performs from both the end consumer and enthusiast side.

That they do, and it’s fine by me if they want to focus on that sector/content for now. I often send their videos to friends who are looking for WFH peripherals as the reviews address the basics: whether it has BT, RGB, how long the battery lasts, how good the connection is, etc.

Correct me if I’m wrong: but could Glorious have skirted the sound test/audio portion bc the board takes quite a bit of modification to make it sound good? If they weren’t prepared, which they obviously were not, this could have turned people off the board even more if the GOAT stabs were misaligned / rattly / terrible out of box

I thought it was pretty :frowning_face: of Glorious to ask Betty to do a “sound test” from her headset and with absolutely no prep. Neither one of the ladies’ streams had a good camera angle to see any of the internals/RGB anyway.

1 Like

Yeah that could explain why they didn’t a) simply send Betty the board and let her do her stuff and b) send the board to the other influental streamers yet to review it. How it all turned out speaks more of Glorious and their product than of Switch and Click (I mean we all probably watched some of their videos, we know what to expect form them).

By all means, it seems it will turn out to be overhyped underperforming board. I don’t understand how, though, being gasket mounted it should not sound like ID80 and all that, but let’s see.

3 Likes

It warms my heart to see so many level-headed replies on GMMK Pro, I hope if this reaches GMMK somewhere, somehow they could find all these information useful.

And I think the more interesting conversation I’ve picked up was about the appropriate choice of content creator. Learning from the past, they’ve sent Glorious Pandas to Taeha and many other “higher” level YTers for reviews before with great results, and it allowed their Pandas to occupy a staple place among upcoming enthusiasts who were really daunted by Drop’s HPs pricing/shipping.

To build on such success would be way more interesting rather than having a three way conversation, which seems a tad too busy and having a host from Glorious brings biased interest which might not sit well with many of us. If they really wana do product launches, why not let Content creators be the host and ask questions (which they could vet through and prep first) because they would curating questions or know-hows that matter to us as fans or users of they keyboard.

I wish they find success on this and make this a glorious win-win for all of us.

Edit: I was watching Andy’s reaction to the GMMK stream and he was very forthright about it haha

4 Likes

Who is Andy?

Sorry, I’m new.
:pleading_face:

3 Likes

To be frank, Chyrosan would be a bad choice. He has no interest in custums.

3 Likes

But… It would be fun as hell!

4 Likes

This guy, I think.

2 Likes

Indeed.
He’s interested in switches, but rehashing MX-style bores him (and not only him).

https://twitter.com/GloriousPCGR/status/1356761842882863105?s=20

https://twitter.com/GloriousPCGR/status/1356771947841945600?s=20

6 Likes

interesting; let’s hope they’re great

2 Likes

I can’t believe they only had that one stream to show it off almost 2 weeks ago. That VOD was hard even at 2x speed to get through.

Hmmm debating keep reservation or drop it…

3 Likes

I feel like you can’t go wrong either way — if you drop the reservation and decide to get it later, it’ll still be kept in-stock unlike a group buy. If you keep the reservation and it’s bad by enthusiast standards, you should still be able to easily break even by selling it to someone who wants it.

4 Likes

You are definitely right. Plus I pre-ordered the definitely black version so I am in a good spot :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

March 3rd is gonna be interesting:

https://twitter.com/GloriousPCGR/status/1365433165351895045

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/GloriousPCGR/status/1367142943899934723

1 Like

Uhhh

https://youtu.be/HEh7vAsRCC8

2 Likes

what i caught from the GMMK/Alexotos stream

white ice setup talk starts at 23:20
l&f banana split switches
durock stabs
polycarbonate plate with an additional foam gasket on top for compression (his words)

black setup talk starts at 27:08
lubed sp-stars
durock stabs
aluminum plate, foam gaskets on F row only

might’ve not caught all the details quite correctly

the gmmk sound test i find difficult to draw a conclusion from, the snapping sound is too loud. idk how to describe but the mic was picking up other noises, i believe.

2 Likes

The stream was worth watching just for the chat. That was hilarious.

These sound kind of like the ones I took the other day, which after talking with a friend of mine in audio, I now know that I recorded with too much gain. Nothing actually peaks-out, but the boards sound way more harsh / sharp on the recordings than they do in-person.

Apparently setting recording levels isn’t quite the same as setting levels on something you’re rendering / producing, and I should be aiming a bit lower on the little dancing bars…

4 Likes

but do you reckon even when recorded properly the board sounds good?