Post Your Typing Sounds!

KBD67 Lite

• Gateron Melodic leaf-clickies
  • FR4 plate from BredWorks, no standoffs
  • Same TX AP stabs as above post; wongle sound less obvious with these switches and caps
  • NovelKeys’ PBT Cherry profile
First impressions of the Melodics

My first impression of these is that they remind me both of Zeal Clickiez and NK_ Thick Clicks, but aren’t exactly like either. Closer to the Clickiez for obvious reasons, though maybe even more close than I expected given how much smaller the leaf is. Of course these are way less over-the-top, but for me personally they’re still a little much in terms of peak tactility - at least for typing. So satisfying, though. If you don’t have delicate nerve-damaged fingers like mine, these might be perfectly viable for long, delicious typing sessions.

I love the clean sound and feel these switches have, and I also appreciate the fairly unique tactile experience these have even if it’s not my favorite. Like click-bar switches, these don’t have audible rattle, and that goes a long way for me in enjoying a clicky switch.

I really want to encourage Gateron to keep playing with these leaves, as there are things about this switch I really do prefer over some of my other favorite clickies in the BOX line. Namely: none of the characteristic BOX twist, no wondering if it’s really okay to put your nice caps on them, and darn if they aren’t otherwise really smooth. Like BOX clickies, these can be linearized by removing the click spring - in this case a small leaf, in BOXes a torsion spring - but these make much better linears than those BOXes do, IMO. I think that’s a nice cherry on top helping their performance as clickies. :man_shrugging:

TL;DR: if you’re an enjoyer of clickies on the heavy side or are generally curious about novel switch designs in the MX space, I think these are worth considering. If you’re accustomed to clickies in the “Blue” universe or prefer BOX Whites, for example, these might be a little tiresome for your fingers. On the other hand, if you’re accustomed to Navies or even Clickiez, you’ll breeze right through these and likely appreciate their crunchy-yet-crisp feedback.

4 Likes