Post your Topre boards

got my penultimate prototype for an ec60/hhkb case I’ve been working on. full deskeys internals with purple v3 domes and some krytox 205g0 on the sliders, feels like topre perfection to me.

12 Likes

Re-Finished a D Stock heavy grail and added a set of dyed brown keycaps. Really like how this one turned out.

17 Likes

Pure class.

1 Like

15 Likes

Poor man’s HiPro and poor man’s 300BN, but I’m happy with them as a whole. De-badged drilled Pro2 running off of a Cipulot PCB and controller board (this was a harvested keyboard resurrection), Deskeys v1 pink domes (42g), .7mm poron silencing rings, and deskeys MX conversion sliders with three coats of RO-59 baked on. Leather topped wrist rest by Bird Electron.

5 Likes

Shell swapping fun all internals are Topre with Stock OEM caps.

I like what I like lol…

And Black FC980c case with beige keycaps when I need to keep it classy

8 Likes

the beige and gray on black looks like it means business

2 Likes

i will comment on all of these ad nauseam

gosh diddly darn i want them all

gosh diddly darn i want them all

Sounds like you want to sell them in your new store, Mr Flanders

2 Likes

oh god i saw the sign he held up first and started to choke but then lmfao

hi mwb!!!

2 Likes

I dig the charcoal on, is that burgundy? Very cool idea!

2 Likes

Purple + Topre = W

9 Likes

I am going to say its a very dark burgundy / brown.

1 Like

Realforce 91 Case
Cip PCB
Carbon fiber Plate
Novatouch slider and housing
45g Domes
GMK Muted 2

12 Likes

That is super clean, love the setup! Not sure why RF got away from this style of cases, easily my favorite out of the RF TKLs!

2 Likes

The little blue RF logo was so clean too

I finally finished my Topre 23U with the Norbauer Polycarbonate Datapad.

Being a B-graded item, the back plate wasn’t finished so I decided to machine turn it to give it an interesting finish. I should probably clear coat that, but for now I’m not too worried about scratching.

I manually did this on a drill press so alignment isn’t perfect, but the overall effect is good.

Finally, here’s the inner workings. Plenty of room inside this case means I was able to use @Dave’s daughterboard, the OEM PCB and backpack, and a little LED controller called a PixelBlaze. The PixelBlaze drives the eight LEDs and is overkill here, but at least matches with my PC TKL case.

14 Likes

@Extra_Fox i could see folks wanting that customization on their back plates. well done!

2 Likes

That looks great!

1 Like

Wishing @Kiko all the best in his artisan/Topre cap journey.

Here are Amano Studio prototype OEM Topre stem keycaps in the Miami “Neon” colorway.

Neon for UV-reactive pigment.

Build:

Sho S60 PC HHKB housing (Pro 2 compatibility)
@Cipulot EC Pro 2 PCB + controller
OEM Topre 1u, 2u, spacebar from RF, Des silencing rings #5

4 Likes