Post Your Keyboards!

I mean, plenty of peoples’ shoe-to-foot ratio is probably similarly skewed. :wink:

1 Like

Top is noire. Bottom is BoW

10 Likes

Thanks Pixel :pray:t3:

That’s very close indeed, but there is a subtle difference.

1 Like

jk, but wow those are super close

5 Likes

Bow, but sepia tone

1 Like

The set is subtly different for sure. But what makes the kit is the novelties. Makes me wish someone would create some nice novelties for something like 9009 and BoW. Could really make a nice statement with the right theme.

6 Likes

thermal is incredibly smexy. wilba tech never fails to impress.

IBM Model M4 Space Saver Keyboard, made by Lexmark in mid March 1996. Features the original flavour of IBM buckling sleeve switches and has PBT dye-sub keycaps despite it being a ‘cheaper’ and slimmer Model M variant. It was made about two weeks before Lexmark was to end all keyboard production by April 1996. Essentially, signalling the end of the era where Model Ms were IBM’s premier keyboard family. A solid piece of history.

14 Likes

What a sad time, but an unfortunate reality of the day. I’d be cool if someone DIY’d a capacitive buckling spring keyboard with this layout

3 Likes

IBM Model M11 Modifiable Layout Keyboard from 2006, the 133-key otholinear buckling sleeve leviathan! To my knowledge, this is the largest IBM buckling sleeve keyboard in terms of key count. The IBM Model M11 was apart of IBM’s Retail series of POS (RPOS) keyboards introduced in 1993 and first produced by Lexmark and released alongside the Models M7, M7-1, M8 and M9. After Lexmark ‘lexited’ the keyboard market in April 1996, production was first moved to Mexico under Maxi Switch and then eventually to the Far East via XAC (ROC) and XSZ (PRC).

On release, it was hella expensive: $645 in 1993, which is ~$1,210 in today’s money…

18 Likes

This :pig: is a keeper

Piggy; GMK Minimal; Gazzew U4Ts

32 Likes

Oh man - that artisan really ties it all together. Just right. :ok_hand: :expressionless: :raised_back_of_hand:

:red_square:

4 Likes

That is a delicious racecar red!

3 Likes

I just wish there was a fourth bottom row 1.5u novelty. My bottom row is 1.5/1.5/7/1.5/1.5 so I have one “control” key and one novelty control key. Other than that novelties were definitely a big part of why I bought Noire.

Noire is also cool because, depending on the lighting in my room, it is cream on black or white on black, so it is like having two different coloured sets in one :slight_smile:

1 Like

18 Likes

A Typemachina x TGR board? Nice

Yes, with a Hiney FR4 half plate and Greetech browns

12 Likes

Put this together yesterday! (finally!)

RAMA U-80A-SEQ2 Soya with 808 Boom Keycaps! (w/internal weight :smiley: )

14 Likes

16 Likes

So clean, love this setup! Also makes excited for getting my Thermal+!

1 Like