Mix and match keycap sets (post yours!)

It took a while to warm up to it, but Columbia is one of my favorite sets that I own. That monochrome light blue is just so darn nice and versatile.

Yeah, I love the Columbia color. Tried out Belafonte as well as the Domikey Chip set as replacements and neither look as good to me as Columbia. I will get GMK Oni, eventually, in the far flung future (ideally it will be delivered by a flying delivery truck) and I’ll have to see how that stacks up. It was what originally gave me the idea of pairing Rudy and Columbia.

1 Like

I’m game for all the blue sets :slight_smile: Oni does look nice.

:cry: wish I had blue keycaps, my MT3 dasher is still in fedex’s cold hands. in the mean time, appreciate the vintage russian vibes of suited assassin cyrillic alphas with paperwork mods.

11 Likes

Ooh that’s nice.

GMK Nautilus mods and accents with GMK Hammerhead Light alphas:

I was kind of trying to go for something similar to CSX’s old YN2 livery, but the shades of gray, blue, and yellow ended up being quite different.

(photos by jpmueller99, used under CC-BY 2.0)

I do generally feel that railroad liveries are a potentially untapped source of color schemes for keycaps.

17 Likes

Ha, my son would love to talk to you about trains, I bet! We spend a good 8-12 hours a week railfanning :slight_smile: Hoping to catch another heritage unit tomorrow

3 Likes

Mt3 serika WOB = mt3 bumblebee

14 Likes

Jesus christ that top board is gorgeous - did you make that case yourself?

Yes, it’s stunning. No, I purchased it from https://fnctl.co/

1 Like

a.) that’s cool, my pops is super into trains and has been building a model layout for years

b.) the color way on that front CSX engine reminds me of Tai-Hao’s Azure Kingfisher keyset;

A bit less warm, but pretty close, all things considered. Also suitable for friends that work at IKEA or Best Buy.

5 Likes

Nothing groundbreaking, but I’m pretty pleased with how the ePBT 9009 color mods work with ePBT Royal Alpha. For my tastes, I think the pop of green helps break things up and the 9009 green is close enough to play nicely with RA.

11 Likes

Here are my favorites:

Discipline 65, ePBT Blank Blue, ePBT Blank Pink, YMDK Blank White (best mix+match keyset of all):

Boston Compact 120%, GMK Classic Blue, GMK White on Black, GMK Color Sample Ring, assorted DCS blanks:

Freyr TKL, GMK White on Black, GMK Classic Blue (this one is kinda like a poor girl’s Space Cadet):

20 Likes

Love the pink+blue+ white, reminds me of the trans pride flag :transgender_flag:

4 Likes

Thanks so much, it is indeed the trans pride flag! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I also dyed some keycaps in the colors of the lesbian pride flag a while back. Here’s a build that combines the two flags:

18 Likes

I think the colour combinations of the trans and the lesbian pride flag actually work pretty well together.

Just a thought: How about the alphas in the trans flag colours and the mods around it in the lesbian flag colours?

GMK Pulse alphas with the GMK WoB text modifier set (and a RAMA artisan for GMK Minimal)

Kinda hard to see, but the plate is blue too, which I felt went well with the keycaps. (It’s a Sangeo60.)

13 Likes

Like this a lot. Simple and striking.

1 Like

I love everyone’s mix and match sets. Some others I plan to mess with later but here’s JTK Zen Latin alphas/bars, GMK Magenta mods, and GMK WoB 40s. Kinda cursed but kinda alright

10 Likes

For my Meridian, I ended up needing to mix sets because I didn’t have the right kits from either. This is GMK Calm Depths alphas and GMK Solarized Dark modifiers.

18 Likes