Mix and match keycap sets (post yours!)

Here are my favorites:

Discipline 65, ePBT Blank Blue, ePBT Blank Pink, YMDK Blank White (best mix+match keyset of all):

Boston Compact 120%, GMK Classic Blue, GMK White on Black, GMK Color Sample Ring, assorted DCS blanks:

Freyr TKL, GMK White on Black, GMK Classic Blue (this one is kinda like a poor girl’s Space Cadet):

20 Likes

Love the pink+blue+ white, reminds me of the trans pride flag :transgender_flag:

4 Likes

Thanks so much, it is indeed the trans pride flag! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I also dyed some keycaps in the colors of the lesbian pride flag a while back. Here’s a build that combines the two flags:

18 Likes

I think the colour combinations of the trans and the lesbian pride flag actually work pretty well together.

Just a thought: How about the alphas in the trans flag colours and the mods around it in the lesbian flag colours?

GMK Pulse alphas with the GMK WoB text modifier set (and a RAMA artisan for GMK Minimal)

Kinda hard to see, but the plate is blue too, which I felt went well with the keycaps. (It’s a Sangeo60.)

13 Likes

Like this a lot. Simple and striking.

1 Like

I love everyone’s mix and match sets. Some others I plan to mess with later but here’s JTK Zen Latin alphas/bars, GMK Magenta mods, and GMK WoB 40s. Kinda cursed but kinda alright

10 Likes

For my Meridian, I ended up needing to mix sets because I didn’t have the right kits from either. This is GMK Calm Depths alphas and GMK Solarized Dark modifiers.

18 Likes

So, a funny thing happened…

I was looking through my key caps when I realized I had some sets that I haven’t even tried yet… Including one that even had saran-wrap on the trays. Two of them were YMDK (I believe) Japanese sets: one set is white & light blue on dark blue, the other BoW. I thought they would look cool mixed together. So I tried this:

Now, it may not look bad to you, but after looking at this for a few minutes, I couldn’t take the modifiers anymore. There’s something about that Light Blue on Blue that just doesn’t work for me. But, I remembered that the alphas were white on blue, so I tried swapping them around, and this is the result:

The legends on the alphas are much larger than the legends on the modifiers, but that’s okay for me. There isn’t too big of a discrepancy in the font, or anything… Only thing is that I wish the arrow keys were white instead of light blue.

11 Likes

The one designed to mix and match with each other.
GMK N9 Ortholinear Add-on Kit + Cherry HAD :ok_hand:

11 Likes

First post. I’ve been lurking this thread for months but was tired of bookmarking something every other page, so figured I could only fight my laziness for so much longer and joined.

I give you: MT3… Spectra? MT3 CMYK?

It’s a mix of MT3 WoB, Extended 2048 Accent mods + Susu bars.
I have some higher quality & less-stylized shots somewhere, but couldn’t find them on my phone at the moment.

17 Likes

Damn, i wanted one of those mix colours obliterated75 so bad, but missed it. Got a rose gold one tho.

1 Like

So, I had an inspiration the other day… I decided that I was going to put the KBDFans WoB on my Feker keyboard this weekend, but I had my Havit keyboard sitting here with the Arctic keycap set on it… So, I thought, what if I mixed the alphas from the Blue Hell set was taking off the Feker with the mods from the Arctic set? Here’s the result:

Personally, I like the look…I just wish that it didn’t have the Japanese sub-legends. It would be nice to have a set of pure White on Dark Blue key caps to use with something like this.

7 Likes

That’s sweet. The colors are enough to distinguish the key groupings, but still subdued and chromatic. Very cool.

1 Like

Yes, it is quite subtle. I kind of wish the dark blue had a bit more gray in it to make it even more subtle.

I tend to be into either really high contrast, or very subdued things. The middle ground tends to not appeal to me as much. I’m going to try a couple of things this weekend to see how they work (I have to build out a new keyboard so I’ll be experimenting a bit).

2 Likes

40rmie w/ CRP Xerox 6001 × Geekark Grapefruit Accents × Susu Gray minibars.

Forgot to post this guy! This board is easily the current favorite in both sound & aesthetics, especially with the weirdo-blockers… :melting_face:

18 Likes

Haven’t done a mash-up in a while. I was a little non-commital so I only did one side to see how it would look.

Unfortunately I didn’t get the 40s kit for SAIL and these R4 SA Royal Navy shifts aren’t very comfortable (guess I could flip them). Still looks pretty nice though, I think.

7 Likes

Sail looks pretty great with navy tho! Lookin like a yellowed Dasher set :slight_smile:

I fully committed now. trying out red accents since I guess I had the bars set from Royal Navy.

11 Likes

DCS Red alert with DCS clear caps.

19 Likes