Another week, another new keycap profile

“MCR” reminds me of “MRC”, which is short for “metering roller cleaner” - an extremely caustic solvent used for industrial and medical cleanup. It has a few names but the one I know comes from the printing industry, where it is used to dissolve ink on printing press rollers.

We used to use “industrial” markers that were impervious to basic household solvents and cleaners - a normal permanent marker can be wiped right off with rubbing alcohol, but not these ones. MRC wipes it out as if it were dry-erase.

Basically, don’t touch it - and be careful about taking deep breaths too close to the container.

This has been your daily deadeye chicken-walk, brought to you by the morning cup of coffee.

On-topic, I still want to try MG, and I’m curious about this MCR, too. I used to prefer OEM for being a bit more wide than Cherry, but have really come to prefer Cherry’s height - seems like this might be a great mix.

“MIX” is what their MDA profile was called at first. I love how it looks but I can’t type fast on it.

3 Likes